San Jose de Ocoa to Piedra Blanca

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Can anyone tell me if the road between San Jose de Ocoa and Piedra Blanca, route 201 on the map, is paved? I was in Ocoa a few months ago and I know they were demonstrating to get this road fixed, but I'm not sure if it has been yet.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Can anyone tell me if the road between San Jose de Ocoa and Piedra Blanca, route 201 on the map, is paved? I was in Ocoa a few months ago and I know they were demonstrating to get this road fixed, but I'm not sure if it has been yet.

The road between Piedra Blanca and Rancha Arriba is one of the roads due to be upgraded in Danilo's road improvements.

I last travelled that route 3 years back and it was unpaved and rough going taking almost 2 hours for that section. But I suspect that work on the upgrade may now be under way. Rancho Arriba was well paved and a lovely place. And the drive is scenic too. The person we visited was on the other side of a wide river passing through the edge of town and fording the river was interesting to say the least.

No idea of the road onwards to San Jose.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
BTW......a few miles out of Piedra Blanca en route to Rancho Arriba where the bridge over the Rio Maimon got washed away, is a great place for a barbeque and dip in the river with a cooler full of cold ones.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Odebrecht | Ingenier?a y Construcci?n

Seems it is/has happened.........enjoy the drive

Yes, I found that page, but the section from Piedra Blanca to San Jose de Ocoa says "In progress" and I also found an article that said the works were started in 2013 and then stopped, and there is a campaign to get them finished. Danilo has pledged to do this, but I am not sure of where things are up to right now, this is why I posted.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
hey ! I rode this road in May or June 2013 and it was unpaved. It took me few hours on my 110 cc bike to get from San Jose
to Piedra Blanca. one of the worst roads that I drove in DR
Yes, I found that page, but the section from Piedra Blanca to San Jose de Ocoa says "In progress" and I also found an article that said the works were started in 2013 and then stopped, and there is a campaign to get them finished. Danilo has pledged to do this, but I am not sure of where things are up to right now, this is why I posted.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I was on that road near piedra blanca yesterday. This region gets heavy rain so the road was in bad condition. I was only in piedra blanca side and the road was pretty bad. full of potholes. I was in a SUV and even then I was feeling the bumps.
AZB