Bar el General

MauriceNS

Jun 2, 2014
Hey just wondering if anyone has been to this Bar in Sosua...el General. Seeing flyers across town, but it's off the main drag so just wondering if anyone has been and what kind of place it is.

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
Yes....
Very clean and modern.
Staff is competent and friendly.
It is air conditioned, comfortable and smoke free.
The doors are kept close and eliminate the traffic noise.
Happy hour drinks are generous and cheap.
They have a quality sound system, but not loud.
They have Karaoke several times a week.
Watched a Hockey game there. They use a projector TV.

I will be back Thursday to meet up with a group.

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
They have Draft by the glass or pitcher
They use a plastic pitcher with a frozen insert in the middle.

I am looking forward to going for the draft beer AC and no smoking but it usually looks pretty dead in there whenever I drive by. Does it get busy?

Just wanted to add the only draft they have is Presidente.

Also what is with so many places having karaoke?! Listening to bad singers is not my idea of a fun night!!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I am looking forward to going for the draft beer AC and no smoking but it usually looks pretty dead in there whenever I drive by. Does it get busy?

Also what is with so many places having karaoke?! Listening to bad singers is not my idea of a fun night!!

i thought that karaoke went out of style like bell bottom pants. if you have a place of entertainment which offers karaoke as a part of the bill of amusement, that tells me you are behind the curve, and you do not belong in the entertainment ecosystem.

MauriceNS

Jun 2, 2014
Ok so I stopped in last night, after 10....it was quiet, probably because of the rain?? Maybe because it was Monday? Who knows. I agree with what "aname4me" said...very clean and modern, AC, smoke-free...decent music, friendly staff. Definitely something different than what's on the main drag, looks a little classy almost.
Tried a cold draft...it is Presidente...but as far as I know no other place in Sosua has draft beer...was not expensive 75pesos for a chilled draft mug. Pitchers are 375 pesos. They advertise specials all week, yes Karaoke 2 times Friday and Sunday. (Harleysrock - not sure why but yes Karaoke is popping up all over town...guess one place made some business so everybody is copying )
Gonna head back today during Happy Hour as they have some great specials, 60 pesos for draft and cuba/santo libre...will keep the group posted on what I see/find.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
@ MauriceNS - Are you a the owner, or just one of the partners?
Good luck with your business.

PS: Most of the ladies on your website appear to well fed!
I'll have to stop by soon.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
I am not one of the owners, neither one of the partners. But I agree - the place is clean and modern. And safe.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004

Even bad karaoke is better than the deafening BS going on in most clubs.