Police Car Kills Three

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Last edited:

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
There are some things I will never understand here. Every police vehicle I have seen here drives around with their light bar on 24/7. They just seem to be oblivious to the fact that inthe rest of the world you only turn the emergency lights on when you are responding to an emergency.
From what you have said these clowns turned off their lights will responding to an emergency.
Is it just me or these guys complete idiots. I hope this unfortunate event opens some eyes.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
There are some things I will never understand here. Every police vehicle I have seen here drives around with their light bar on 24/7. They just seem to be oblivious to the fact that inthe rest of the world you only turn the emergency lights on when you are responding to an emergency.
From what you have said these clowns turned off their lights will responding to an emergency.
Is it just me or these guys complete idiots. I hope this unfortunate event opens some eyes.

it isn?t just you...

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
tactically your better off arriving without your lights and sirens, Personally I would rather surprise the bad guys and catch them, instead of letting them see me coming from a mile away, just talking tactics not sure what happened here though.

Absolutely correct. Sometimes lights and sirens are appropriate but most of the time you do not want the ladrones know you are coming.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
We are coming....

Sometimes lights and sirens are appropriate but most of the time you do not want the ladrones know you are coming.

Here, as so often, it is different:
They do want the bad guys (in many cases: their colleagues or friends) to know... ;)

donP

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Asked the Dom wife who knows everything this exact thing a few years ago. Why do the cops here drive around with their emergency lights flashing?
"It's so people know they are working". Of course!!!!!!!! Driving at high speed responding to an emergency without lights AND sirens puts the public at risk. In the US it is against the law and cops do it all the time. What are you gonna do, arrest a cop? As soon as the no lights cops are in a wreck the first thing they do is switch on the emergency lights. I would rather a thief get away than a speeding cop crash into me. Doubt much will happen to the cops. Its an "accident".

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Its unfortunate this accident happened here in the DR and involved the police but I still feel a lot safer around these police than I do living around those trigger happy c*ck suckers in the US.