Anyone experienced it?
:)
Phil

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
No you can't.

If the item qualifies for int'l delivery, the best possible outcome is for the pkg to arrive at the postal outlet in Sosua where you will have to go pick it up. But because of customs and an inefficient postal system here, chances are the pkg will never arrive.

The best option is to open an account with a local forwarding service. Have Amazon deliver to Miami (or where ever the courier service tells you) and have them ship the pkg to Sosua.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Open an account with the EPS office in Cabarate. Use the Miami address for packages and you will get whatever you want
from Amazon. Keep it under 200 US to avoid Customs charges.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i do not want to be rude but you joined in 2011, did you never see threads about shipping?

join EPS: EPS • Express Parcel Service, Int
all shipments go to their address in miami and then to local offices in DR. they charge by weight of an item. no tax on items below 200 dollars. bulky objects or those over 200 dollars can arrive via mudanza company.

msmfgf

Jul 12, 2013
also, if ordering several items with a combined value over $200 have them delivered seperately, customs aggregate the daily total to get their pound of flesh.

fyi the tax on a laptop is 47%, so it pays to plan!

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
hola dv8, yes I saw everything about shipping and know about the miami stuff but my question is different
Im wondering if I can order directly from Amazon and get the stuff to my address here
Thats my question...

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
I bring in around 4-5 packages a week using Vimenpaq here in Santiago. I am obliged to use a Miami address for receipt of the parcels. I have never tried to buy direct from Amazon as I suspect the stores will not ship internationally. Cost is approximately $(DR)200 per pound. Weight is rounded to the next pond ie 2lbs 3ozs is charged as 3lbs.

Jan 17, 2009
Many of us had problems with Encargo recently. I moved to CPS and recommend them for now. I would not use EPS. Ways to expensive and delivery times are not any better than any of the other companies these days. I can easily compare because my husband still uses it. You can open an account with CPS pretty much any day of the week. To my surprise, I send a message on a Sunday and they responded immediately with my new account number, address, and everything. Here's their website: CPS - www.cpssosuacabarete.com

and what about encargo in Sosua?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
ok but cant I get it send right from amazon to my address here in Sosua?

To end the discussion, you would have a better chance of hitting the Lotto than receiving something from anyone at your
house in Sosua.

And only certain items on Amazon will ship out of the US. Not to mention the high price.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I have, once...... they killed me on the shipping costs...... but it was delievered at a house in POP.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
hola dv8, yes I saw everything about shipping and know about the miami stuff but my question is different
Im wondering if I can order directly from Amazon and get the stuff to my address here
Thats my question...

If you want to lose what you have bought, it's the best way ! few sellers will ship to your DR address