Abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Controversy #7

Mar 6, 2015
Given a girl wants to have an elective abortion, what can she do these days?

Last year abortion has been made legal in some cases. So there are two options that I could imagine to be the best:

1. She states that she was raped and gets the abortion in a Dominican hospital. How complicated would that be? Must the police be involved? Must there be traces of rapes? How "flexible" are the doctors here? Which clinics offer that?

2. Travel to Cuba to get the abortion done. Is that possible without problems? What are the preconditions?

Any other ideas? (apart from some illegal basement with amateur tools)

Note: If you're about to answer me by criticizing abortion in general, spare your time. I don't care about your opinion.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Soliciting an abortion under false pretenses wouldn't be taken so lightly. The Dominican Constitution recognize the scientific fact that a human life is created at conception plus there is overwhelming disdain for people that kill their children. Your best bet is adoption.

Controversy #7

Mar 6, 2015
Ok, so appearently anything in DR is a bad option...

I see that it is legal in Cuba, Puerto Rico and United States. Which would be the best bet? I guess US is difficult due to visa and money reasons. Cuba probably the easiest and cheapest? How about Puerto Rico?

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
You can get an abortion privately in DR. Can't remember who it was but someone high up in the government or something was on TV last year a out it. Seems he was quite alright about the nation knowing.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
D and C procedures are done here regularly. The physician will tell you if its legal or not for your circumstances.

Controversy #7

Mar 6, 2015
It looks like leaving the country is not a good option. :/
Puerto Rico requires US visa, so it's complicated. Also flight and return are at least 15.000 Pesos (plus accomodation and medical procedures). Probably cheaper if you book later, but this issue is time critial of course.
Flight and return to Cuba cost at least 20.000 Pesos (plus accomodation and medical procedures).

So I guess for these prices it's easily possible to find an acceptable and safe private option in DR. Just the contacts would be needed. :(

Controversy #7

Mar 6, 2015
At this time the pill Mifepriston instead of some surgery would still be possible. I guess the problem would be to find a trustworthy doctor in DR to monitor the treatment and help if there are problems... instead of reporting to the authorities.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I was just about to start a thread how to get away with murder. Maybe if I say it was self defense, would I have to show proof he started first and wanted to kill me or can I easily find a flexible police officer that will help me out?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It looks like leaving the country is not a good option. :/
Puerto Rico requires US visa, so it's complicated. Also flight and return are at least 15.000 Pesos (plus accomodation and medical procedures). Probably cheaper if you book later, but this issue is time critial of course.
Flight and return to Cuba cost at least 20.000 Pesos (plus accomodation and medical procedures).

So I guess for these prices it's easily possible to find an acceptable and safe private option in DR. Just the contacts would be needed. :(

20,000 PESOS is 500 dollars. What's the cost in Cuba?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Ok, so appearently anything in DR is a bad option...

I see that it is legal in Cuba, Puerto Rico and United States. Which would be the best bet? I guess US is difficult due to visa and money reasons. Cuba probably the easiest and cheapest? How about Puerto Rico?

Puerto Rico IS the United States. Forget about getting visas to the United States. Cuba is an option. CHIP is right to lifer, so his advice will be of no use to you in this situation. Good luck.

May 29, 2006
Given the drop in fertility and the resistance that men on the island have against condoms, it's not crazy to assume that most women know where to get the procedure done or get the Mexican Pill.

I'd like to see the distribution curve for the age of first pregnancy in the DR. I expect the median is still under 18, but that it's slowly moving upwards. Ten percent of teens get pregnant every year.

Just be sure this isn't a scam to be shaken down for a couple thousand bucks.. It's not hard to take one pee stick into the bathroom and come out with one that has already tested positive.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
You can get an abortion privately in DR. Can't remember who it was but someone high up in the government or something was on TV last year a out it. Seems he was quite alright about the nation knowing.

I would not trust anyone to perform an illegal abortion in the DR. It's is a roll of the dice and complications in this kind of procedure are not uncommon. DO NOT put her health in jeopardy. Cuba would probably be the best alternative other than Miami or PR but then you are on US soil. Assuming neither of you has a US passport leaves you with the first option. Good luck and take care. Via con dios.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I was just about to start a thread how to get away with murder. Maybe if I say it was self defense, would I have to show proof he started first and wanted to kill me or can I easily find a flexible police officer that will help me out?

First dehumanize the victim.

[video=youtube_share;NIKbK5SHoZI]http://youtu.be/NIKbK5SHoZI[/video]

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
IF, the woman in question is a Dominican girl, and you are SUPPOSEDLY the sperm donor in this case,you may be just her late'st victim in the old, tried and true,..."I'm pregnant, and YOU are the father",,.... scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell her you have found a doctor, and a hospital where she can have the abortion.
Tell her to pack a bag, and say you are leaving for the procedure in 10 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See how many reasons she can find not to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

If she is HERE, and you are THERE, I can assure you it's a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Dominican women don't get abortions, even when they SHOULD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS,...CHIP HAS AN "ap" that sounds an alarm on his computer every time the word "Abortion" is used on DR1!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

I would not trust anyone to perform an illegal abortion in the DR. It's is a roll of the dice and complications in this kind of procedure are not uncommon. DO NOT put her health in jeopardy. Cuba would probably be the best alternative other than Miami or PR but then you are on US soil. Assuming neither of you has a US passport leaves you with the first option. Good luck and take care. Via con dios.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
IF, the woman in question is a Dominican girl, and you are SUPPOSEDLY the sperm donor in this case,you may be just her late'st victim in the old, tried and true,..."I'm pregnant, and YOU are the father",,.... scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell her you have found a doctor, and a hospital where she can have the abortion.
Tell her to pack a bag, and say you are leaving for the procedure in 10 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See how many reasons she can find not to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

If she is HERE, and you are THERE, I can assure you it's a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Dominican women don't get abortions, even when they SHOULD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS,...CHIP HAS AN "ap" that sounds an alarm on his computer every time the word "Abortion" is used on DR1!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Super great advice. Wow. I totally overlooked that angle. It is a high possibility.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
ALMOST EVERY "Gringo" I know who lives, or visits here, including ME, have heard the same story from every hooker,barrio rat we ever screwed!!!!!!!!!!
Including THE GUYS WITH VASECTOMIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Status
Not open for further replies.