Ceramic Wall tile adhesive.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I'm putting in Ceramic Wall Tile in my Cocina. I'm planning to buy the proper glue at the Americana. I'm not sure what that is in Spanish? I definitely don't want a floor tile adhesive. I need a wall tile adhesive for ceramic. I already found the grout, so I'm good there. If you know thanks?

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I'm also going to need a "tiling trowel". Do you know what this is called in Spanish?

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
The tiles are one square foot each glass squares. And you can see the mesh where the tiles are divided. Kind of like this. They are easy to cut and I don't NEED a saw.

-font-b-Stone-b-font-glass-font-b-tile-b-font-deco-font-b-mesh.jpg

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
WOW... l see we have some experts online today that respond to any and every post just to see themselves in print.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I used that tile, didn't use pegatod though. I used the brand recommended by Cerarte. Expensive but easier to use and you can use less. The guys placing the tiles later said that to them it's the same.

Using the right grout is probably more important than the mix.

AE1B0A55-54BE-4378-9684-AEEC3A685FE7_zpsfkynesm1.jpg

Last edited:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
wall tile adhesive? what the? we had our bathrooms done just few month ago and it was the same product used throughout. if you want this fancy shmancy glass tile on the wall in the kitchen be warned that it's a b*tch to clean. the pegatox used is the same but you need to prep the wall: beat down the old plaster all the way to the cement blocks and then use this pink liquid that binds the plaster and blocks. then put new plaster, then tiles.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
WOW... l see we have some experts online today that respond to any and every post just to see themselves in print.

i have fixed some of these self installed home owner backsplashes.....with this antique (new)style wall /floor tiles...

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
WOW new DIY program from the DR, "Fix My Kitchen, Bitch"!!! Sounds like a hit!! Post your photos or videos we will certainly be impressed.

May 29, 2006
I've got a bucket of white thin set mortar from Home Depot handy.

The Spanish is:
"mortero de aplicacion delgada premezclado"

You want to use a trowel with 1/4" teeth.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the pink binder is under the plaster. UNDER THE PLASTER. the plaster itself is grey.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
the pink binder is under the plaster. UNDER THE PLASTER. the plaster itself is grey.

So dv8 what do you use to attach the tiles to the plaster and is that white? I use white thin-set for that any other color will show through including grey.

Dv8 plaster is gypsum and thin set is cement. Chemical, physical properties different. Plaster is not used to set tiles. Grey thin set is not used for glass.

Last edited: