High Speed Broadband Internet in Las Terrenas

Mar 8, 2015
Do any companies presently offer fiber-optic or similar speed broadband internet connection in Las Terrenas? (or anywhere else in the Samana area)

Thank you!

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Not really. If you're downtown, your best best is Claro ADSL (Internet Flash), if you're away from the village, you might be stuck with an Orange FlyBox like the rest of us ;)

Mar 8, 2015
Not really. If you're downtown, your best best is Claro ADSL (Internet Flash), if you're away from the village, you might be stuck with an Orange FlyBox like the rest of us ;)

Thank you for the response, Squat!

Let me please share some further detail:

I'm organizing a corporate retreat for a team of 6 people.

* The plan, at moment, is to rent a large villa via Airbnb that has amply space for group socializing and is near the beach.

* The line of business of the company is conducting web-based consulting services, so high-speed internet is particularly important -- team members will likely be conducting webinars while on the trip.

* So, connection speed and connection capacity/bandwidth are both important.

Considering fiber or similar broadband is a key element in the decision making, would there a better (beautiful) coastal city to be exploring that Las Terrenas?

Thank you, again!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
LT Internet

We use a small provider who offers up to 10Mbps DL / 1 Mbps UL, but it comes as a cost.
We are content with 2 Mbps DL / 384Kbps UL (at 2,050 Pesos/month).

donP

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
consider Cabrera.... Orchid Bay has some large places that rent regularly

One hour from Samana airport.... one and a half from from POP

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Thank you for the response, Squat!

Let me please share some further detail:

I'm organizing a corporate retreat for a team of 6 people.

* The plan, at moment, is to rent a large villa via Airbnb that has amply space for group socializing and is near the beach.

* The line of business of the company is conducting web-based consulting services, so high-speed internet is particularly important -- team members will likely be conducting webinars while on the trip.

* So, connection speed and connection capacity/bandwidth are both important.

Considering fiber or similar broadband is a key element in the decision making, would there a better (beautiful) coastal city to be exploring that Las Terrenas?

Thank you, again!

Go on vrbo.com vaction rental by owner and look at the listings. Many of these are upscale homes and may have high speed internet. For you to get high speed for a weeks stay may be difficult to find in LT. Also google Balcones del Atlantico and see what they can offer you. This is a high end development and they may be able to accommodate your needs. Good luck.

Tonydomrep

Feb 22, 2009
Silkglobal.com can provide professional and stable services to whatever villa you want, even if you are there for vacation. Just tell them what you want and they will provide you with the costs.