Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default tourism situation in DR seems to be better now...

I'm in Las Terrenas and I see a lot of tourists...LOTS of them..it seems to be much better than in 2013....

I was in Sosua 2 months ago and it was the same....good for the country and its people... :-)

2. Likes Bronxboy, Rosss, Riva_31 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robbiee View Post
    I'm in Las Terrenas and I see a lot of tourists...LOTS of them..it seems to be much better than in 2013....

I was in Sosua 2 months ago and it was the same....good for the country and its people... :-)
    The cold weather in NA has pushed many to find a nice tropical destination

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Spring break time

5. Likes Africaida liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

yes Robbiee it is the same all over the DR . I have never seen so many tourists in Zona Colonial and I am told that Bayahibe is going along very well ..I suppose if we read and believed all the statistics on tourism , we would not be surprised because there has been a good increase in the numbers ..and also in the number of cruise boats coming here . Personally I am quite glad when summer comes around and we are not surrounded by tourists .

7. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind that every year after tourist season, people mention how few tourists there are. We are in tourist season now up until April regarding snow birds. In Cabarete, the kite surfers who want the best winds will come in the summer time, so we actually have two high seasons in Cabarete with winter being more people normally than summer.

9. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the weather in Canada and the US that's done it, not any great remarkable change in the "wondairs" of the DR. The exchange rate favors NorteAmericanos, too......

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meemselle View Post
    It's the weather in Canada and the US that's done it, not any great remarkable change in the "wondairs" of the DR. The exchange rate favors NorteAmericanos, too......
    donīt tell PICHARDO that.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

not really, I talked with Dominicans and they seeem to ba happy with situation. Also I see A LOT of Euro Guys...while Sosua is of course dominated by North American, like it always was....
    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Keep in mind that every year after tourist season, people mention how few tourists there are. We are in tourist season now up until April regarding snow birds. In Cabarete, the kite surfers who want the best winds will come in the summer time, so we actually have two high seasons in Cabarete with winter being more people normally than summer.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tashi Siu's Dad View Post
    Any port in a storm....that frickin' Artic Blast is driving a lot more than last year!
    Last winter sucked also,,this one put the icing on the cake..wicked cold and never ending snow
    I know where i'm spending next winter..

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

not really, I talked with Dominicans and they seeem to ba happy with situation. Also I see A LOT of Euro Guys...while Sosua is of course dominated by North American, like it always was....
    When I got here, Sosua did not seem to be dominated by North Americans. This year is perhaps a bit better than recent years, but still not as good as the past for the North Coast.

15. Likes ramesses, frank12 liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast