while euro is getting hammered, DOP stands still to USD...

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
..and that means that DR is getting more expensive for euro guys..This sucks. Now finally Europe is much, much cheaper
and it should be good for its economy. with such weak euro, export should skyrocket and Spain can be even more
affordable than it was.... :))))

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
..and that means that DR is getting more expensive for euro guys..This sucks. Now finally Europe is much, much cheaper
and it should be good for its economy. with such weak euro, export should skyrocket and Spain can be even more

Both the USD and EUR are inflating the amount of money in circulation.
The EUR accelerated the process in relation to the USD.

This does not change the fact that both are suffering from devaluation, compared to gold, bananas or bottles of presidente beer.

This brings me back to a previous posting about if there exists a serious place to trade small amounts of gold coins (Kruegerrand, American Eagle, Maple Leaf etc. or small bars) in the DR.

I prepare for the worst case that both currencies will crash (even if it will take another decade, but am afraid it will not take so long).

Alexander

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

This does not change the fact that both are suffering from devaluation, compared to gold, bananas or bottles of presidente beer.

This brings me back to a previous posting about if there exists a serious place to trade small amounts of gold coins (Kruegerrand, American Eagle, Maple Leaf etc. or small bars) in the DR.

I prepare for the worst case that both currencies will crash (even if it will take another decade, but am afraid it will not take so long).

Alexander

The USD is pinned to oil futures. If you're serious about converting to precious metals it's worth the trip to the Netherland Antilles where the exchange is duty free. At $1,162/ oz. a plane ride is an easy price to pay. I'd wait though. Gold has not bottomed out.

Gold Price per Ounce

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Alexander

Why in DR? You can buy your physical metals elsewhere and either ship to you or store in a warehouse. I've used goldsilver.com in the past, no complaints. I would rather have my gold protected by armed guards in somewhere like Singapore or HK, than anywhere in DR.

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Why in DR? You can buy your physical metals elsewhere and either ship to you or store in a warehouse. I've used goldsilver.com in the past, no complaints. I would rather have my gold protected by armed guards in somewhere like Singapore or HK, than anywhere in DR.

I am only thinking about selling in the DR.
In the D.R.: to buy a small real estate, for example.
I consider small coins a safer way to conserve the value.
If no one knows where they are, no one comes to get them and so they are more save than in Ft. Knox.
Physical gold will always keep its value, even in the D.R.
If they are in some other country its hard to get them, for example if plane tickets sky rocket or not even fuel is available, which might happen the days after the crash (worst case scenario).
The period between the crash and the restart may be only some days, or weeks, or month.
Anything can happen (as we know from history and current events) and coins you can take with you in a hurry, for this reason I think it is always good to have some coins).

Alexander

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
if you are into such apocalyptic visions, then maybe you should buy gun and some dried fish ?
gold wont help you at all......
and buying real estate in DR...hm.... its far from safe investment as beauty of this country is that it is totally
unpredictable....
If no one knows where they are, no one comes to get them and so they are more save than in Ft. Knox.
If they are in some other country its hard to get them, for example if plane tickets sky rocket or not even fuel is available, which might happen the days after the crash (worst case scenario).
The period between the crash and the restart may be only some days, or weeks, or month.
Anything can happen (as we know from history and current events) and coins you can take with you in a hurry, for this reason I think it is always good to have some coins).

Alexander

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Alexander

I speak to Americans back home about this possibility and they are clueless.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
if you are into such apocalyptic visions, then maybe you should buy gun and some dried fish ?
gold wont help you at all......
and buying real estate in DR...hm.... its far from safe investment as beauty of this country is that it is totally
unpredictable....

One doesnt rule out the other.......

Gold coins burried in the garden,
Canned food and water in the pantry,
Guns and ammo in the dressing,

Who let the Zombies out ???

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013

Alexander

yes i agree you sometimes want to trade small coins for cash? what deal do you have??? want? offer?

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
yes i agree you sometimes want to trade small coins for cash? what deal do you have??? want? offer?

I just want to know if there is an institution (bank or agency) that deals with small gold bars and coins.
A serious, save and trusted place.
I stay away from private deals.
And I stay away from saving accounts in both EUR and USD.
I do not want to buy in the DR., only sell.

For the worst case scenario with the USD (and EUR), I think the DR is a good place to be then.
There are plenty of food, sun, rum, beaches, fun.
What else do you need to wait until the dust settles.

Alexander

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
..and that means that dr is getting more expensive for euro guys..this sucks. Now finally europe is much, much cheaper
and it should be good for its economy. With such weak euro, export should skyrocket and spain can be even more

booohooo!!!!

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Anybody remember the EEU turning its back on Putin's pipeline just a few months ago after interfering in Russia's border dispute with Ukraine? Putin said there would be consequences. These are them.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
LOL, this is GOOD for EU economy....
but dont tell me about idiots from EU. they help a lot US to weaken themselves and create dangers near their borders (Iraq, Syria, Ukraine)...
and another threat for EU made by themselves (Italy, France) - in Libya.....
now idiots from Polish government are creating danger for themselves and their nation fueling conflict in Ukraine since one year.
sometimes I wonder if these governments are actually working for their nation or they have "bigger" goals and agenda....this include US government of course
Anybody remember the EEU turning its back on Putin's pipeline just a few months ago after interfering in Russia's border dispute with Ukraine? Putin said there would be consequences. These are them.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
In anouther thred someone said thy were getting 5% on a doller checking acount do now if you must pay tax on this interest but that seamed like a
good deal better then barring gold.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Some like gold, some like dollars, some like whatever. All just trying to predict the future. Invest where those who are making the future happen are investing