Temporary Residency Renewal question

Feb 7, 2007
Can anyone who has renewed temporary residency recently (e.g. past month or so) confirm that the renewal procedure is the same as last year, as far as document-wise?
Particularly interested whether it's still sufficient to show a bank letter with 100,000 pesos on the account? I ask because the poster here http://dr1.com/forums/legal/137299-...al-procedure-instructions-11.html#post1530941 wrote about guarantor letter and guarantor cedula.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
You certainly do need a letter from your guarantor and a copy of his NEW cedula. and of course this has to be notarised and then stamped by the office in the capital .. is it only a 100,000 pesos that you need to have in your bank account?? I thought it was much more but you also need a bank statement for you r guaaarantor . No matter what you read in any Procedure guide, they always seem to want one thing more or different . I completed mine in February and went through the VIP line ..but even then I had to get a few extra documents that I thought were unnecessary ..so best to be well equipped

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife was my guarantor and she just signed the letter that was then notarized. She provided no bank statement. I provided a letter from my bank that stated my balance...etc and my car title. I had my property title but they said it wasn't necessary. I followed the instruction from the website exactly - no issues. It was exactly the same as the previous year.

Feb 7, 2007
Interesting, because last year they did not want any guarantor but proof of my solvency by showing my bank account statement. I guess I will need to call there tomorrow to check this out.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Been married to a dominicana they asked me for neither.......
I had got a local bank statement saying I had 100 k + in an account AND a notarised letter " garants" of 2 dominicans plus copies of their cedula.
But when I eventuly depoisited at migracion SD, he handed me both back, saying it was all on my wife since we were married.

Go figure.......

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
Last month my husband and I renewed with the title to our property that was in both out names. Nothing more. No problem.