'Operation Shield'

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
As reported in Dominican Today:Santo Domingo.

- Dominican Army commander Jose Matos on Wednesday said since the start of Operation Shield along the border in January, more than 40,000 people have been arrested for illegally crossing the border, with permanent patrols by helicopters and Super Tucano planes, ?when the Defense Ministry orders it.?

He said the military studies technology with drones to patrol the skies over the border area.

Matos also announced that Defense minister Maximum W. Mu?oz plans a tour to inspect the border in the coming hours. "The Minister of Defense will personally monitor to verify the areas this afternoon or tomorrow and how to strengthen the brigades with the men requited."

He revealed that each of the three brigades currently along the border has 1,000 troops, which he affirms were recently increased.

He said in addition to a beefed up border, the Navy has now deployed two boats to patrol territorial waters to also halt illegal entry by sea.

The Army Commander, who spoke prior to the start of a training course for National District Firefighters, said the measures have led to 80% more confiscations of contraband along the border

I recall PICHARDO's posts.........'after we have secured the border......' seems a lot is happening

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Good indeed.

But not good English in this sentence:

"He said the military studies technology with drones to patrol the skies over the border area."

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I'm just glad there doing it. If all the CARICOM nations can protect their boarders and deport Haitians the DR should be able to as well without repercussions.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I was just thinking to myself, the more Haitians that are removed from the DR the more the Gringos will come under scrutiny. Maybe being able to hide behind a sea of Haitians is a benefit to some...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
JUST A SHOW!!!!!!!!
Cheap Haitian labor trumps!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Dominicans used to shoot them by the 100's, they are STILL HERE!!!!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If a Haitian arrives at the border with the DR with a 1,000 pesos, THAT is their "DR Entry Visa"!!!!!!!!
My two maids do just THAT!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
And who would there be to blame for everything when all the haitians are gone ??

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Good indeed.

But not good English in this sentence:

"He said the military studies technology with drones to patrol the skies over the border area."

Is that wrong, except for perhaps lacking quotes or the word 'that'? He said that the military studies technology with drones etc.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Is that wrong, except for perhaps lacking quotes or the word 'that'? He said that the military studies technology with drones etc.

I think it would be more accurate to say " The Military is studying the use of Drone technology to patrol over the border area. " Having said that, it is clear what was meant.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Haiti - Social : The exodus of Haitians to the neighboring Republic remains strong in Dajab?n - HaitiLibre.com : Haiti news 7/7

"Many Haitian arrested told the Dominican agents, they had family in the Dominican Republic and they came into the country in search of their parents, to try to regularize their situation by benefiting from the National Regularization Plan of Foreigner (PNRE) offered by the Dominican government...
"
Recall once again to our countrymen, that to benefit from PNRE, it is necessary inter alia, that the applicant proves by documents he resided in the Dominican Republic since 2011. Evidence already difficult to obtain for Haitians who meet this criteria (which is not the only requirement), but not possible for those who seek adventure every day, rocked with false hopes maintained by Haitian smugglers who get rich on the ignorance of our compatriots."

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
When you have nothing, you have nothing to lose. If they get turned around they will try a different route. I am sure that the Dominican brass have discussed building a wall but that would go over like a fart in church so cross that off the list.