Looking for good value neighborhoods in Santo Domingo

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Since we go to the capital at least once a month for a weekend we're looking to get a nice little apartment instead of staying in hotels.. We usually hang out in the Piantini/Naco area but the apartments seem overpriced there for location reasons obviously.. Is there any safe areas that are better value that wouldn't be too far away that people could recommend I look at apartments in? Thanks in advance.. take care.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
Since we go to the capital at least once a month for a weekend we're looking to get a nice little apartment instead of staying in hotels.. We usually hang out in the Piantini/Naco area but the apartments seem overpriced there for location reasons obviously.. Is there any safe areas that are better value that wouldn't be too far away that people could recommend I look at apartments in? Thanks in advance.. take care.

my sister had this same sit. yrs ago and found a way to get around it... might not work here because of pov. and overcrowding....but she found someone who could provide a space for her needs. on a daily /used basis...it was much e z er for her and she did rather enjoy the new friends. advertise?

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
There are some new buildings in Serralles with 1 bdr apartments with prices a little bit lower than in Naco/Piantini. Check on SuperCasas.com

P.S. for a weekend once a month it's better to continue with hotels. At least you come to a clean room, not to the apartment full of dust.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
From experience of renting an apartment in the area, I can say that Bella Vista close to the Mall is a quiet, safe and decent area with all the amenities in walking distance, and there seem to be quite a few expatriates about too.

There seems plenty of choice for those looking to buy or rent an apartment in the area too based upon the signs posted advertising sale or rent. Between Sarasota and Parque Mirador del Sur.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Find a nice "Apart Hotel".
There are several in the Naco area, some on the street behind the ferreteria Hache.
Cheaper in the long run, no headaches!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC