Not open for further replies.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
To call that culture is... well... ahem cough cough

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
These kids are part of a NYC youth gang. That is not Dominican culture!
That is spoiled American kids being punks!

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Youth...

Just today, I saw a group of 30ish year old Dominicans at playero. On the way out, one of them crumpled up the paper and tried to make a basket in one of the grocery carts. He and his friends chanted and cheered when he made it. In the parking lot, they were playing grab ass with some girls, and running around like idiots. Well, like teenagers. This is an entire island of 17 year olds. Only here will you see a 50 year olds popping wheelies down the street to impress his friends. They more money the have, the more childish they are.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
drsix,
also in this country you see 60-90 years old americans trying to impress and grab azzes of beauties in their 20's and muuuch younger.
it must be the caribbean sun.
i am sure it is just the caribbean sun

Mike

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
drsix I have to agree with an entire island of 17 year olds. It took some getting used to but I enjoy it at times.
For a long time I had on flip flops and shorts and did not dance ragytone. Then one day I put on some jordens and jeans thst I thought were to tight
And said F it and danced. It was fun I love the DR it makes me feel alive. The usa well not so much.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
culture? all i see is future gang shooting victims.

We can only hope. There is an element of respectability on the Island but everyday we are more and more outnumbered by these elements. In Ruskin Florida, where we hope to move early next year, we will be able to buy a 3000 square foot house for the price of our SD condo. We will not have to worry about "them". Our neighbors will be peaceful tax paying respectable anglos.

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
These kids are part of a NYC youth gang. That is not Dominican culture!
That is spoiled American kids being punks!

Does it look like they are in New York ? This is the culture that permeates the underbellies of our barrios and ghettos.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Does it look like they are in New York ? This is the culture that permeates the underbellies of our barrios and ghettos.

It was written on the video that they are part of a NYC youth gang. That is why I wrote it. I didn't watch more than a minute of the video.
Dominicans Don't Play (DDP) is a New York based street gang comprised of Latino youths whose heritage is traced to the Dominican Republic. They are largely concentrated in the Washington Heights section of Manhattan parts of Queens, The Bronx and Brooklyn.

Last edited:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
This is your idea of Dominican Culture? Is this Santo Domingo or Washington Heights? Come on man!!!!!!!!!!

LTSteve.
those are the kind of people who always see all things in life negatively.
to describe German culture they would show a video of octoberfest,
to show american culture they would do a video sweep thru the Ghettos in a mayor US City, etc etc.
you cant fix stupid or leak of education.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
what i meant with the nayayers, was, to stick to rfp's Florida move example:
** a negative or not well informed person would see Florida according to such article Gangs continue to grow, cause problems in central Florida | www.wftv.com
a positive person researching a state/area/country would see the big differences of different regions/locations, and fins easily that the sunny state has beautiful and safe residencial areas to offer.
the same for the DR. you can look up crime videos and articles of some areas, specially when looking on the huge barrios of bigger cities, but simple research will also produce areas as safe as a residency could be anywhere else.
I do not deny crime or what so ever, but i refuse to accept single articles/ocurrances to be representative for any area/region/country over all and of course such shows nothing about any cultural value.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.