Wild protests in Cabarete against Lorenzo Sancassani

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Wild protests in Cabarete against Lorenzo Sancassani, Head of the Provincial Office of the Ministry of Tourism
Cabarete.- People burn tires and debris in the center of town, to protest the actions of the authorities of the Ministry of Tourism and the way they are handling the tourist town.
Protests were staged late at night.
Protesters are demanding the dismissal of Lorenzo Sancassani, Head of the Provincial Office of the Ministry of Tourism, who according to them act abusively, not allowing local people to attend meetings, he banned traditional holy week activities in Cabarete beach, run over dozens of small traders even taking their businesses, ordering to shut them at early hours.
Source: Detras del Rumor
March 14, 2015

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Anyone have more details on the above? What policies were changed and businesses closed?

Fredo

Mar 17, 2013
nothing wild just standard complaining Dominican style.

About time Semana Santa activities get regulated, tired of the dirt, noise and robberies.

Of course any change is opposed... and out come the burning tires...

no big deal, seen it all before..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I was curious as to what traditional holy week activities were banned on Cabarete beach.

(Only one large bottle of Brugal sold per person instead of two?)

And what businesses were allegedly persecuted.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
just drove through, and apart from a few scorch marks on the road, its business as usual.

Would be interested to know exactly what changes are being proposed? I suspect they would probably be for the best.....i can't imagine making SS any more unbearable than it already is