Kraft Mac & Cheese recall ...beware of dates on box

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
And check your lasagna that's not imported or wrapped in plastic.

Those elongated dark spots are smushed and dried bugs that died during the manufacturing process. Tougher to spot in local bread.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I have 4 boxes that expire July 2015 so I am ok as the following was in the article . Best When Used By” dates of Sept. 18, 2015, through Oct. 11, 2015.

I bought these last week at Playero so if you want an emergency meal when it is raining then stock up now.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
You really want to run that risk? Based on a difference of a couple months? At the word of the company that caused this?

How long do you think it took for them to identify the problem and report it to the public and government?

Guess who's not coming for dinner.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I stopped eating that Kraft crap about 7 years ago when a box well within the expiration date gave me projectile heaves.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
who eats this grossness? pasta with milk? what are you people, bodybuilders?

WillsonCori

Jan 28, 2015
Im surprised the big timers who reside in the DR lower themselves to eating boxed mac and cheese lol!

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
sometimes i buy it on sale ship it and i usually eat whats in front of me....but not that crap...

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
One of the reasons I always cooks from scratch. Eliminates all that processed crap and un-pronounceable ingredients. If you folks only knew what you were stuffing down your gullet......

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
KD is a Canadian icon and staple of university students country wide. Ramen noodles for desert. Yeah, one can make Mac & Cheeese, that is if one can find decent cheddar cheese here that doesn't require a loan to purchase and you have the time and inclination.

$1 and 10 minutes to prepare...not advertised as the healthiest option for those who read labels, but cheap and easy for the rest on those days when adding a can of tuna and some peas makes a complete entree with no fuss, no muss, no bother.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Kraft mac & cheese is an abuela pantry requirement for grandsons who subsist on it. Grandparents prefer the homemade just to set the record straight.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Caribbean Kraft shipments may have metal particles...

Thx for the original post. Important information such as this is often missed by those who are not quite so on the ball in keeping up with news from home.

Muchos Gracias for your effort and taking the time to look out for all of us.

Aug 21, 2007
Of course, I know that it isn't healthy.....but like a good hot dog, every now and then I want one of those treasured tastes from my childhood. No, you cannot shame me. I am too old for that.

Lindsey

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Thx for the original post. Important information such as this is often missed by those who are not quite so on the ball in keeping up with news from home.

Muchos Gracias for your effort and taking the time to look out for all of us.

It made national news this morning.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Kraft macaroni and cheese is best if you avoid the directions on the box as milk ruins this dish.

Just drain the cooked pasta and add some butter and the cheese packet and mix..then add parmesan.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Regular"Kraft "Mac & Cheese" does SUCK!!!!!!!
but, IF YOU BUY THE "ALFREDO" TYPE IT'S GOOD!
BETTER PASTA, AND CHEESE.
My kids add more butter, and real american cheese, and less milk,as has been said.
It costs twice as much as regular "M&C" ( about 80 pesos)but you will like it!

ps, if you ear ANY pasta, from anywhere in the WORLD, you are going to eat "BUGS"!!!!!!!!

They are in the flour.
You just get to see them in old pasta, after they "grow up"!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC