over enthusiastic mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Betty is my cleaner she used to use my computer when I was out, until she got banned for some reason

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Use your own name at least we know who you are and you might not get banned as often. ;)

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Betty is my cleaner she used to use my computer when I was out, until she got banned for some reason

The "Alter Ego" detector will go off and "they" will think you/she are posting as a "Sock Puppet",
because both user names will have the same IP addresss, etc.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
It's not just the IP that is used ;)

I'm well aware of that.......... was just keeping it simple!

Operating system name, Browser name, Browser Version, Screen Size, etc.

Plus the "Almighty Cookie"
2da0dio.jpg

Screen size could be interrogated sometimes to determine if a proxy is being used
because some proxies were reserving some bytes and then the screen size became a non-standard size.

I was told that "TOR" proxies could not be detected, yet I was able to code a proxy detector for playing that was able to detect "TOR" proxies. I had one of your infamous sock puppets test it and it detected each proxy he tried on a private web site. That was a few years ago, have not played with it since, things probably have changed by now.

For those that do downloads and are restricted by being allowed only 1 download in a certain time limit, just delete the cookie and change your IP and you are good to go for another Download.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
jr, anyone can read DR1 without being logged in, so something is wrong with your OP. Of course, they can't post :)

This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.