Colombians will no longer need a visa to travel to the DR

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
WASHINGTON. El canciller dominicano, Andr?s Navarro, firm? un acuerdo ayer con la canciller de Colombia, Mar?a ?ngela Holgu?n, para el retiro del requisito del visado de turista a los ciudadanos colombianos para viajar a la Rep?blica Dominicana.

El acuerdo se realiza en el marco de la nueva pol?tica exterior que busca el fortalecimiento de las relaciones pol?ticas y comerciales con las dem?s naciones del mundo, de acuerdo con una nota de prensa del Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores de RD.

El convenio firmado entre los cancilleres Navarro y Holgu?n, que se desarroll? en el marco del Cuadrag?simo Noveno Per?odo Extraordinario de Sesi?n de la Organizaci?n de Estados Americanos (OEA), permitir? a ambos pa?ses contar con los instrumento necesarios que ofrezcan las garant?as de movilidad y seguridad a los ciudadanos, basados en el intercambio de la cooperaci?n de las entidades interinstitucionales involucradas en el manejo de la informaci?n migratoria de cada pa?s.

Navarro indic? que para dar cumplimiento a los t?rminos del acuerdo, la Canciller?a dominicana lleva a cabo una serie de gestiones interinstitucionales con los directores del Departamento Nacional de Investigaciones (DNI), la Direcci?n General de Migraci?n y la Direcci?n Nacional de Control de Drogas (DNCD), con el prop?sito de coordinar acciones que permitan establecer los mecanismos de intercambio de informaci?n y coordinaci?n con Colombia.

En tanto que la canciller colombiana manifest? su gratitud al gobierno dominicano, por flexibilizar los requisitos para que los colombianos puedan viajar a la Rep?blica Dominicana sin el requisito del visado de turista.

El acuerdo se establece bajo el principio diplom?tico de la reciprocidad, ya que actualmente los dominicanos no necesitan visa de turismo para viajar a Colombia.

?Agradecemos ese gran gesto del gobierno del presidente Danilo Medina, para permitir que los colombianos podamos disfrutar de las hermosas playas de ustedes, la calidez de la gente, adem?s del buen clima para la inversi?n y el comercio?, refiri? la funcionaria colombiana. Se espera que la medida aumente el flujo de turistas colombianos a los diversos destinos dentro de Rep?blica Dominicana.

Turistas colombianos viajar?n sin visado a Rep?blica Dominicana - DiarioLibre.com

Feb 7, 2007
It was time! Mexico has removed visa requirement for Colombians almost two years ago. I guess all those tourists were flying to Cancun instead! When I was in Colombia last year I saw many adverts "Disfrute Caribe sin Visa... viaje a Cancun"

VIMAN68

Feb 15, 2013
Aside from tourism, I think it is only fair and reciprocal. Colombia is one of the few countries Dominicans don't need a visa to travel to.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Aguita29-you have to post this article in English so that everyone can understand it.

This is an English language site.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Translation:

Colombian tourists travel without visas to Dominican Republic

Agreement was signed between RD Foreign Minister and his Colombian counterpart in the US

WASHINGTON. The Dominican Foreign Minister, Andr?s Navarro, signed an agreement yesterday with the Foreign Minister of Colombia, Maria Angela Holguin, for removal of the requirement for tourist visa to Colombian citizens to travel to the Dominican Republic.

The agreement was made in the context of the new foreign policy that seeks to strengthen political and trade relations with other nations of the world, according to a press release from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of RD.

The agreement between Navarro and Holguin foreign ministers, which was developed under the Forty-Ninth Extraordinary Session of the Organization of American States (OAS), allow both countries to have the necessary instrument that produces the appropriate mobility and citizens security, based on the exchange of inter-agency cooperation of agencies involved in managing migration information for each country.

Navarro said that to comply with the terms of the agreement, the Dominican Foreign Ministry held a series of interagency arrangements with the directors of the National Investigations Department (DNI), the Directorate General of Immigration and National Drug Control Directorate (DNCD ), in order to coordinate actions to establish mechanisms for information exchange and coordination with Colombia.

While the Colombian Foreign Minister expressed his gratitude to the Dominican government, for relaxing the requirements for Colombians to travel to the Dominican Republic without the requirement of tourist visa.

The agreement is established under the diplomatic principle of reciprocity, as currently Dominicans do not need tourist visa to travel to Colombia.

"We appreciate the great gesture of President Danilo Medina, to allow Colombians to enjoy your beautiful beaches, the warmth of the people, besides the good climate for investment and trade", said the Colombian official. It is expected that the measure will increase the flow of Colombians to various destinations within Dominican Republic tourism.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Aguita29-you have to post this article in English so that everyone can understand it.

those compy-savvy english speakers will be capable of using google translate.
it is always best to have a article in its original version present, better than a translation which so often may not be very accurate.

Mike

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
those compy-savvy english speakers will be capable of using google translate.
it is always best to have a article in its original version present, better than a translation which so often may not be very accurate.
Mike

I once imported the generic black and yellow label products from Canada into BDA. Had a very angry female customer one day ask; why would you sell Tampons which are Brillo and expect a women to use them? I turned over the package and we both discovered it was in fact Brillo Pads (English translation), which as we all know should have been placed in the house hold cleaning section.:classic:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
It was time! Mexico has removed visa requirement for Colombians almost two years ago. I guess all those tourists were flying to Cancun instead! When I was in Colombia last year I saw many adverts "Disfrute Caribe sin Visa... viaje a Cancun"

colombian company bough a hotel in playa dorada recently and plan direct flights to POP.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Just the way Colombian "Drug Mules" wanted it!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

not the mules, nobody cares about them.
but the ones who make money out of those "Transactions", are of course willing to invest it (it get's cleaned by such, right??) in the land where Presidents and Paulinos are of the same Buddy-Hood.

Mike

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011

I thought it was okay if you posted the original article as long as you said what it was about. People here use Google Translate all the time anyway.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Translation:

Colombian tourists travel without visas to Dominican Republic

Agreement was signed between RD Foreign Minister and his Colombian counterpart in the US

WASHINGTON. The Dominican Foreign Minister, Andr?s Navarro, signed an agreement yesterday with the Foreign Minister of Colombia, Maria Angela Holguin, for removal of the requirement for tourist visa to Colombian citizens to travel to the Dominican Republic.

The agreement was made in the context of the new foreign policy that seeks to strengthen political and trade relations with other nations of the world, according to a press release from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of RD.

The agreement between Navarro and Holguin foreign ministers, which was developed under the Forty-Ninth Extraordinary Session of the Organization of American States (OAS), allow both countries to have the necessary instrument that produces the appropriate mobility and citizens security, based on the exchange of inter-agency cooperation of agencies involved in managing migration information for each country.

Navarro said that to comply with the terms of the agreement, the Dominican Foreign Ministry held a series of interagency arrangements with the directors of the National Investigations Department (DNI), the Directorate General of Immigration and National Drug Control Directorate (DNCD ), in order to coordinate actions to establish mechanisms for information exchange and coordination with Colombia.

While the Colombian Foreign Minister expressed his gratitude to the Dominican government, for relaxing the requirements for Colombians to travel to the Dominican Republic without the requirement of tourist visa.

The agreement is established under the diplomatic principle of reciprocity, as currently Dominicans do not need tourist visa to travel to Colombia.

"We appreciate the great gesture of President Danilo Medina, to allow Colombians to enjoy your beautiful beaches, the warmth of the people, besides the good climate for investment and trade", said the Colombian official. It is expected that the measure will increase the flow of Colombians to various destinations within Dominican Republic tourism......

Thanks!:cool:

paladino

Jan 4, 2007
hmmm I think some basic understanding of stuff is needed

If one holds a Colombian passport ... will this apply ??

I am a little baffled by your question. Do you not understand what a passport is?

In its most basic function a passport is defacto proof of citizenship for the country that issued it.

As for a visa, many visitors [from many countries] to the DR are allowed to purchase a visa at the airport or port of entry, commonly called the 'tourist visa' that you pay for at the port of entry...no pay! then you better have another way of satisfying immigration or you aren't getting in!

This new change in policy puts Colombians on the same level as EU, USA, etc, allowing visitors to purchase a tourist visa at the airport rather than have to apply for and pay larger amounts of money to garner a more extensive/expensive/formal type of visa from the DR governement before arriving.

Now let me state, I'm not an expert, this is how I understood what is happening...and in fact the article title is misleading as a tourist visa is stilla type of visa and Colombians will have to get that at the airport IMHO.

I don't think that Colombians are now allowed to just show up and stay forever in the DR vis-a-vis 'No Visa Required'!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Visa requirements and excemptions to visit the dominican republic

Visa exemption[edit]
Nationals of the following 76 countries and passport issuing jurisdictions do not require a visa when travelling as tourists. However, they do require tourist cards to enter the Dominican Republic (unless otherwise noted). Tourist cards are obtainable at the airport upon arrival to the Dominican Republic and cost US$10 for 30 days, extendable twice.[1][2][3]

European Union All European Union / EFTA citizens
Albania
Andorra
Antigua and Barbuda
Argentina (no tourist card)
Australia
Bahamas
Bahrain
Barbados
Belize
Bolivia
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Botswana
Brazil
Brunei
Canada
Chile (no tourist card)
Colombia (from May 15, 2015)
Costa Rica
Dominica
Ecuador (no tourist card)
El Salvador
Fiji
Grenada
Guatemala
Guyana
Honduras
Hong Kong
Israel (no tourist card)
Jamaica
Japan (no tourist card)
Kazakhstan
Kiribati
Kuwait
Macau
Macedonia
Malaysia
Marshall Islands
Mauritius
Mexico
Federated States of Micronesia Micronesia
Monaco
Namibia
Nauru
New Zealand
Nicaragua
Panama
Papua New Guinea
Paraguay
Peru (no tourist card)
Qatar
Russia
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
San Marino
Serbia
Seychelles
Singapore
Solomon Islands
South Africa
South Korea (no tourist card)
Suriname
Taiwan
Thailand
Tonga
Trinidad and Tobago
Turkey
Tuvalu
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
United States
Uruguay (no tourist card)
Vanuatu
Vatican City
Venezuela
Visa exemption also applies to residents and valid visa holders of Canada, the United States and the Schengen area.

Holders of diplomatic or service passports issued to nationals of Mexico or Switzerland, diplomatic, official or service passports issued to nationals of Argentina, Belize, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Finland, Guatemala, Honduras, Israel, Japan, Morocco, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, South Korea, Ukraine, Uruguay, Vatican City and Vietnam, diplomatic or official passports of Taiwan and diplomatic or official passports issued to nationals of Paraguay do not require a visa.

Visitors who have recently been to the Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal and Sierra Leone are refused entry due to Ebola virus epidemic in West Africa.

Mike

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife and I are going to South America and Brazil has an interesting Visa fee schedule. Dominicans pay $2 0US, Canadians pay $65 US, and Americans 160$. The 4 countries we are going to - Peru, Chile, Argentina, and Brazil all require Visas, but all that is required for Dominicans is proof of income (job or business) and funds (bank account statements). Since we are traveling on Canadian passports no Visa required for Chile, Peru, or Argentina only Brazil.
Getting Visas isn't hard for Dominicans if they aren't poor.