Hello! new to site, long time viewer

hotrod

Mar 20, 2015
Hi DR1 people!

Im a long time resident of D.R.
i came out of my shell because of frustration, ive been trying for weeks to obtain a copy of the new extradition treaty between US-DR. inquired at POP consulate office, no info. Called consulate in SDQ, no info. Went personally to consulate in SDQ, was referred to 1909 treaty. Called Guzman Ariza (twice) they wouldnt return my calls.

whats with this secret treaty? i would like to see an authentic copy!
(not an interpretation) I would like to make up my own mind about the merits of the new treaty.
Can any member help or provide new info?

sorry for my introduction also being a rant but im glad to have finally become a member thanks to my kids signing me up.

Hotrod.

hotrod

Mar 20, 2015
th anks for welkome derfish. this treaty is to replace 1909 treaty between u.s y dr. i detect stonewalling in the divulsion of this tr eaty. could there be some more gay friendly rhetoric inserted by wally why the secrecy I?M AN AMERICAN MILITARY VETERAN this info why should we americans have resort to freedom of info act to obtain this info. foia is a process that takes months for reply. any enlightment or info would be welcome hotrod

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
th anks for welkome derfish. this treaty is to replace 1909 treaty between u.s y dr. i detect stonewalling in the divulsion of this tr eaty. could there be some more gay friendly rhetoric inserted by wally why the secrecy I?M AN AMERICAN MILITARY VETERAN this info why should we americans have resort to freedom of info act to obtain this info. foia is a process that takes months for reply. any enlightment or info would be welcome hotrod
Hotrod, there is too much nitro in your alcohol.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
put the pedal to the embassy grab a sign and demanda....walk the grounds...

hotrod

Mar 20, 2015
tom youre right why have the brakes been applied to this supercharged topic whats happening somebody is hiding some horspower somewhere. in more coherent lingo , why not just divulge the new treaty for EVERYONE to see. id love to see the treaty so that i could make my own observances about relevance. best regards tom and all old contributors who have allowed me to vent hot hotrod

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
New extradition treaty signed by DR and USGuzm?n Ariza | The Dominican Republic law firm

while signed by both countries mid january,
here it states that the new treaty first has to pass to both countries legislative approvals before coming into effect.
maybe the exact wording of the treaty is still not available publically because it did still not pass the approval from the appropriate institutions.
i could just find online many pages that state what the new treaty will/may bring as changes/additions compared to the old treaty from 1909, and the original wods of the old treaty, but no copy of the new one.
i guess it will not be publically available as long as not approved by both countries appropriate institutions.

Mike

hotrod

Mar 20, 2015
t thanks mike- I?ve seen several ??interpretations of this un-ratified treaty but never but never a full copy ?.i?m wondering-speculating that u.s. state dept may be trying to avoid a sheet-storm of protest concerning the contents of this restricted access treaty- if there is nothing to hide why not DIVULGE THE TREATY any further comment-suggestions-info provided by forum members would be greatly appreciated. remember friends this treaty could have serious consequences for all americans and DOMINICANS residing in DR I hope that someone is not attempting to pull the wool over our eyes- thanks and best regards toto all for warm welcome to DR1- IM HAPPY TO FINALLY BE PARTICIPATING IN THIS FASCINATING NETWORK HOTROD

hotrod

Mar 20, 2015
THANKS JD- ILL soon post a picture of my 1932 5 window ford coupe-its the only hotrod that i have that is still functioning hotrod

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Welcome to Wonderland.
"this treaty could have serious consequences for all americans and DOMINICANS residing in DR"

YES INDEED good old Uncle Sam hard at work looking looking for new ways to keep all of those corporate run prisons full.
GO TEAM AMERICA GO!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Welcome to Wonderland.
"this treaty could have serious consequences for all americans and DOMINICANS residing in DR"

YES INDEED good old Uncle Sam hard at work looking looking for new ways to keep all of those corporate run prisons full.
GO TEAM AMERICA GO!

it's good for the DR if they want to lock up their criminals up in the USA,
that way we safe on space of our anyways overfilled DR Prisons.

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
And those locked up will probably be in better surroundings according to what I've heard.

they deal drugs and run other illegal activities at the prisons here and there the same, but i would "guess"(never had the pleasure to be under such hospitality anywhere) the criminals can spend their time more comfy in a 1st world Prison compared to the ratholes offered in poorer countries.
on the other hand, criminals should think first about the possible outcome of their crimes, including thinking about long term hospitality, before deciding to take the risk and do a crime, in a country where they would not like to enjoy the special hospitality behind bars.

Mike

Last edited: