Post Thanks / Like

Default Need driving record.. help.

Hi all.

I lived in Santiago for 1.5 years in 2010-2011. I am now preparing to take the Bar exam and have to (attempt) to get a driving record or letter of no driving record from every jurisdiction in which I have lived.

Does anyone have any idea as to how I could go about requesting my driving record from the Dominican Republic? I never drove in the DR (and only ever had a tourist visa), so I know there will be no record, but I have to show that I attempted anyway.

Anyone know what agency would do this or how I could go about getting this?

Thank you so much!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

A driving record or a certificado de buena conducto ??

Just asking.....just in case......

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Go to an AMET office and pay a few pesos for them to give you what you need on their stationary. Otherwise go crazy
    looking elsewhere.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If you never had a drivers license they can't really give you a drivers abstract. About the only thing you can get is a letter of good conduct. If you are in the Higuey area the office is behind the bomba. (Fire stsation)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Technically it's a driving record or letter than no recrod exisit, but certificado de buena conducto would probably work to.

Problem is that I'm not in the country. So I need to do this from the US. Any suggestions on how to contact them? Or am I just SOL?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you close to a DR embassy or consulate office. If so they may be able to help. If not I'm sure your not the first law student this ever happened to. Your university must have a plan B.
    If not just do what a lawyer would do. Make one up.