Leonel wants to return to ?steal, increase corruption and destroy the country?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there is no other option but PLD. PRSC is nonexistent and the rift between PRD and newly formed PRM is so deep they'd rather vote for the devil than each other. one may still recall a 2003 poll from one of dominican radio stations about voting in upcoming election where more listeners declared they'd rather vote for the devil than hipolito. the devil won 14 to 2, btw.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
PSB is losing a lot of credibility if they allow themselves to be used for such partial polls. All but one are negative answers and the negative answers are formulated in a way to put things in the minds of the inquired.

On the PLD losing if it's not Danilo who's candidate: they'll win whoever they choose as a candidate, no doubt about that. I think it's a hard choice: a corrupt president with vision for the country or a less corrupt (or better in hiding it) that has no vision and wants to give in to the NGO's, multilateral commissions and the UN because he's to weak to stand for his country. I'm slightly in favor of Leonel as the next president.

I'll be back to considering going back to Europe if hipolito will be PRD's candidate and by accident wins the elections.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
miesposo sees it as an option between a fat thief (PLD) and a thin thief (everyone else).

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
miesposo sees it as an option between a fat thief (PLD) and a thin thief (everyone else).

LoL

Interesting to read in the article in your original post that it is the young who see this problem and they see it very clearly. When will we hear their voice?

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
On the PLD losing if it's not Danilo who's candidate: they'll win whoever they choose as a candidate, no doubt about that. I think it's a hard choice: a corrupt president with vision for the country or a less corrupt (or better in hiding it) that has no vision and wants to give in to the NGO's, multilateral commissions and the UN because he's to weak to stand for his country. I'm slightly in favor of Leonel as the next president.

I'll be back to considering going back to Europe if hipolito will be PRD's candidate and by accident wins the elections.

Last time I saw, Leonel did just that. Never was an administration more friendly to NGO's, weak-kneed with the UN/multilateral commissions or the open borders crowd, yet at the same time, never was the country more attacked by said sectors. Weren't you living here from 2007-2010 by chance? And by the way, regarding "vision", I wouldn't call concentrating in the capital with the Metro and such while neglecting the rest of the country for the most part as having one. And the first line of the Metro wasn't even built on the more congested East-West path between the capital proper and Santo Domingo Este, so that should tell you volumes about his so called "vision".

Last edited:

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Statesman or 'Hablador'?

a corrupt president with vision for the country or a less corrupt (or better in hiding it) that has no vision...

Hmm, do you mean to say that LF has a vision and DM has not?
Sure, Leonel (or Ladronel as many people call him) does envision himself as a great statesman... but people rather see him as a 'grande hablador'. :tired:

donP

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Seems we have a very interesting dual of strength going on in the ruling party.

LF in Nagua and North Coast on the 'stump'

Whilst DM lets his constituency.......the majority........plead his case.
diariodigital.com.do/2015/03/21/millares-piden-pld-repostule-a-danilo-medina/ - Translator

Has he been out-manoeuvered? Probably yes.

Politics is unfair at times....IMO the country has found a leader to take them forward.....but not for long enough.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it is somewhat premature to talk about danilo being a candidate in the next elections if he himself declared he was not interested in changing the constitution.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
it is somewhat premature to talk about danilo being a candidate in the next elections if he himself declared he was not interested in changing the constitution.

Agreed. DM will never ask for a change in the constitution alone. But he would surely abide, if demanded by the will of the people and a growing bandwagon, as demonstrated in the Cibao Arena today which has probably upstaged LF.

IMO I suspect LF has played his cards better to negate this potential threat but probably with a resultant loss of party unity.

An interesting game of chess.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
dominican politics is like beverly hills 90210: everyone is doing each other. the players never change.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Yes, I believe Leonel has more vision than Danilo. The only good thing Danilo has done so far is giving money to education. That's still not having a vision. Especially when you see how they're spending it, now they give bad education in more schools and areas than before!

Leonel focused on the capital realizing that there's where the money will have to be made, in the capital is where the steady 6-8% growth of the economy since the end of the 90's has been taking place. If Leonel would have invested in education instead of infrastructure that growth wouldn't have been possible. Instead of starting in the long term problem he first fixed the short term problem, which took him 12 years. Now Danilo is his placeholder starting to implement the long term plan. I wouldn't be surprised if Leonel's next 4 years will be his best four yet.

/PICHARDO mode (but I do believe this)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i don't really think leonel has a long term vision, based on which he decided to work on SD while living campo simpletons to danilo. it is true there is more money in the capital. and more opportunities for him to make money too.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
The PLD will just put anybody as a candidate to win the election, whoever is needed, whoever the people want. Remember, despite all the competition within the party, they are smart enough to stick together.
It doesn't matter who will be the next president, as long as the PLD stays in power, their hardcore members will be fine.