solar powered pool pump

theconsul

May 6, 2014
www.project8.biz
Does anyone have any experience with a solar powered pool pump?

I was thinking that the main part of my electricity bill is dominated by the pump.

I know there are several suppliers but i have no clue here in the DR

Also the cost of buying and installation vs my Edenorte bill

Any info on this?

Thanks

Tc

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
I found this online but I think you would need more than one to power a pool pump.

Nokero-Solar-Charger.jpg

Maybe buy a 4X8 sheet of plywood and glue (or tape) a bunch of the solar chargers to it and then angle the board so it faces the sun. But because the sun rotates slowly around us you would have to move the board every couple of hours or so for the best effect.

plywod.jpg

After that, you'll need to tape all the wires to each other so that they all plug into a USB port in the pump.

Buena suerte, my fren.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
One hour every morning 8 am to 9am, one hour every evening 18.00 to 19.00 pm. Plus when the pool man does the necessary twice a week.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have mine hooked up to run on solar only... runs all day when sunny

you just need a solar panel setup to do this.... I use no batteries
any pump works

EcoServe in Sosua has good energy efficient pumps if you need one....use my name

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
ditto what Webster says,-we have the panels hooked up to the pump,- no batteries. Pool gets circulated constantly when the sun shines. Pool lovely, same water for 2+years

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Dec 2008 to this week for my water.

drained the pool for a light problem

to follow Pulvarik's point.....the water should last for years...
In Canada, my parents went 20+ yrs.....

we originally pumped it out of the adjoining creek..... filthy
My father assured me the filter would do its job................ as usual, he was right.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Solar pool pumps are variable speed depending on the sunlight and low voltage. Lorentz makes the best. Their is a distributor in the Santo Domingo. I was going to go this way, but I got my house on a fixed rate of 800 pesos per month. No need to.

Cheers!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
any day you learn something from me, JD... an old timer like you..... is a rare one

glad to be of help.........