No Northwest forum? Buen Hombre question

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Just noticed that DR1.com divided the country into regions but there is no forum for the NorthWest.

Does anybody know how the road to Buen Hombre is? Can I take an ATV on a trailer there, or will the ATV's fall off in a hell of potholes?

Anybody ride some trails out there, from BH towards Montecristi?

sirlurksalot

Apr 2, 2002
Hi, the road in new asphalt as of a couple years ago. This is from the Botoncillo corner to as far as Fishermans Beach. Except for one newly formed pothole a little ways north of Botoncillo the road is great. That's a distance of 20km. Lots of activity in Buen Hombre now, especially on weekends. Kite boarding is really starting to take off. Better conditions than Cabarete, and not as many boarders to run into. No problem pulling a trailer. Can't really speak to the condition of the road (trail) that paralells the coast to Montecristi. I hear that it's pretty rough. Although that may change as there is talk of a scenic coaster hwy from Monticristi to Punta Rusia.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
The road from Monti Cristi to the east of Monti cristi is very rough. The main highway is very nice from Santiago to Monti cisti. I was there last week. Stopped for chivo senar.

Tom

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i did vuelta larga to monte cristi on back roads several months ago. bad but passable if dry. i know it's probably not much of help since buen hombre is way out.