Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shipping car engine to DR ...?

Anybody knows a good shipper from USA who could ship a complete car engine from the US to DR?
    Location is not an issue, as the engine would need to be shipped to the shipper anyway.

I need a shipper who would receive the engine, prepare/pack it, load and offload it and deliver to me (SD pickup would also be acceptable). Also shipper would need to clear the engine through customs.

Approximate cost (in case somebody had done this before)?

Thank you.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Engine Importers

Quote Originally Posted by rubio_higuey View Post
    Anybody knows a good shipper from USA who could ship a complete car engine from the US to DR?
    Location is not an issue, as the engine would need to be shipped to the shipper anyway.
    I need a shipper who would receive the engine, prepare/pack it, load and offload it and deliver to me (SD pickup would also be acceptable). Also shipper would need to clear the engine through customs.

I'd talk to the companies in Moca and Santiago that import engines by container load.
    They may even include your engine in one of their shipments.

donP

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

or search 'mudanzas' ... any of them will do it

the engine will already be packed when it arrives to them

everything arrives door/door with tax built in the shipment.... call any one of them

Montero, Awilda, Rosa del Monte...........et al

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donP View Post
    I'd talk to the companies in Moca and Santiago that import engines by container load.
    They may even include your engine in one of their shipments.

donP

Any names? Maybe they could even have the engine I need...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

there is an area inSD where they are lined up on the sidewalk... I've seen them

somebody will know where......... I was a passenger

*** I love DR1! ***
    Post Thanks / Like

I shipped large car parts (not the engine but the same and bigger size and weight) with Blue Ocean Line. The parts were delivered to their warehouse in Miami, they crated them, shipped to Santo Domingo, went thru the customs and then delivered them to my apartment parking. So I just paid the invoice for crating, shipping, customs and delivery, and did not have any headache.

I even had a quote for shipping a rebuilt engine from US with them, but I don't remember exact numbers since it was 3 years ago.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

G.S., How much did they charge for shipping those other "bigger and heavier" parts, door to door? Just to get a rough idea at what I might be looking at ...

*** I love DR1! ***
    Post Thanks / Like

G.S., How much did they charge for shipping those other "bigger and heavier" parts, door to door? Just to get a rough idea at what I might be looking at ...
    In my case the most expensive part of the whole process was crating, since those bigger and heavier parts were the doors and glass and some other armored parts for the armored SUV, including the armored windshield. So I had to pay about 700 dollars for 2 big crates, each one was like 80"x60"x50", and you know, crating services are expensive in Miami.

The shipping of 2 big crates was about 500 dollars, customs assistance was about 200 dollars, delivery to my door... I don't remember, really.

Anyway, it's all depends on cargo size and what services you need exactly (packing, crating, etc), you better call them for details.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Large Inventory

Any names? Maybe they could even have the engine I need...
    If it is an engine for a Japanese or American car they will have it.
    I have seen large storage with hundreds of engines when I was scouting for a diesel engine there a few years ago.
    You'd need to go there (La Vega, Moca) and you can spend a whole day browsing through hangars of engines...

donP
    Last edited by donP; 03-29-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast