Shipping car engine to DR ...?

Feb 7, 2007
Anybody knows a good shipper from USA who could ship a complete car engine from the US to DR?
Location is not an issue, as the engine would need to be shipped to the shipper anyway.

I need a shipper who would receive the engine, prepare/pack it, load and offload it and deliver to me (SD pickup would also be acceptable). Also shipper would need to clear the engine through customs.

Approximate cost (in case somebody had done this before)?

Thank you.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Engine Importers

Anybody knows a good shipper from USA who could ship a complete car engine from the US to DR?
Location is not an issue, as the engine would need to be shipped to the shipper anyway.
I need a shipper who would receive the engine, prepare/pack it, load and offload it and deliver to me (SD pickup would also be acceptable). Also shipper would need to clear the engine through customs.

I'd talk to the companies in Moca and Santiago that import engines by container load.
They may even include your engine in one of their shipments.

donP

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
or search 'mudanzas' ... any of them will do it

the engine will already be packed when it arrives to them

everything arrives door/door with tax built in the shipment.... call any one of them

Montero, Awilda, Rosa del Monte...........et al

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
there is an area inSD where they are lined up on the sidewalk... I've seen them

somebody will know where......... I was a passenger

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
I shipped large car parts (not the engine but the same and bigger size and weight) with Blue Ocean Line. The parts were delivered to their warehouse in Miami, they crated them, shipped to Santo Domingo, went thru the customs and then delivered them to my apartment parking. So I just paid the invoice for crating, shipping, customs and delivery, and did not have any headache.

I even had a quote for shipping a rebuilt engine from US with them, but I don't remember exact numbers since it was 3 years ago.

Feb 7, 2007
G.S., How much did they charge for shipping those other "bigger and heavier" parts, door to door? Just to get a rough idea at what I might be looking at ...

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
G.S., How much did they charge for shipping those other "bigger and heavier" parts, door to door? Just to get a rough idea at what I might be looking at ...

In my case the most expensive part of the whole process was crating, since those bigger and heavier parts were the doors and glass and some other armored parts for the armored SUV, including the armored windshield. So I had to pay about 700 dollars for 2 big crates, each one was like 80"x60"x50", and you know, crating services are expensive in Miami.

The shipping of 2 big crates was about 500 dollars, customs assistance was about 200 dollars, delivery to my door... I don't remember, really.

Anyway, it's all depends on cargo size and what services you need exactly (packing, crating, etc), you better call them for details.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Large Inventory

Any names? Maybe they could even have the engine I need...

If it is an engine for a Japanese or American car they will have it.
I have seen large storage with hundreds of engines when I was scouting for a diesel engine there a few years ago.
You'd need to go there (La Vega, Moca) and you can spend a whole day browsing through hangars of engines...

donP

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2004

Thank you.

Have you tried to source the engine here?

There are several Dominicans who buy/ship containers of car parts regularly from the US.

Are you talking new, used or rebuilt?

So you know, not all motors are created equal in the eyes of Aduana....think 4,6,8 cylinders broken down even further by cc's.

Most mudanzas are not good craters of heavy equipment, so you need to have it done prior to getting it to them.

Tell me the make, motor size (pm if you want) and I can source it through my clients in the US and then ask my shipper or one of the Dominicans who regluarly buys, fills, and sends containers of tires/car parts etc for a shipping quote.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Had mine shipped

Had my racing engine shipped a few years ago with PO Box international. Delivered it right to the shop where I was putting into my 86 Blazer. Look for Pobidom. Com and ask for Miss America, she can help you.

Good luck.

Thank you.