Sending a small package to D.R.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Daughter is in Santo Domingo for semana Santa. She left her prescription glasses in Boston. Is there a good and quick way to get them delivered to Santo Domingo? Or best to live without and just wait till she goes back north in a couple weeks?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
It'd probably take a couple of weeks to get them to her even if you already had an acont with a courier service.
Der Fish

Do you mean days, or just making it up Pescado?
They can be there overnight by FedEx for $90.95 or $79.58 in two days.

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
Daughter is in Santo Domingo for semana Santa. She left her prescription glasses in Boston. Is there a good and quick way to get them delivered to Santo Domingo? Or best to live without and just wait till she goes back north in a couple weeks?

Send by UPS and make sure to put $1 declared value-used good.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Derf, my good man

those services involve a shipment to an MIA depot,,, then a transfer to an airline, then arrival and screening/sorting in SDQ
and finallyout fopr delivery.

Cabrera gets 2 drops a week

UPS/Fedex are the pros..... much faster
and , yes, you pay more

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
without contact lenses (or glasses, if i must) i am nearly blind and there is no way i could simply forget to take them with me. so i imagine these are reading glasses only? she may be able to buy some crap quality throw-away reading glasses here (+1 or whatever) without prescription. i saw those in supermarkets. and it may be cheaper than sending by fedex.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
She doesn't wear them all the time but did say she likes them for driving so obviously not simple reading glasses. I didn't really think there was a quick and inexpensive way to do it but never hurts to ask.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
she could also get a replacement in DR, it's always worth to have two pairs. many optician stores will do it the same day.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Thank your lucky stars she can't drive here. A blessing in disguise, more so during Semana Santa.

That was my hope but it doesn't seem to have stopped her. I guess its not as big a deal as I thought it might be.