Ambush in the cane fields

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Last night there was a fiesta in Imbert.
The owner of a local mini-market ( to small to be a super market, but diffrent than a colmado ) of Guananico deceides to attend.
He takes his son and GF along for the ride and his wife....... no only joking his novia ( or puta, depending on who is telling the story).
After the fiesta, on the way home, turn off to Guananico, on the Imbert-Navarrette road, u have to drive through sugar canes on a rotten road. Well known for atraquos.
A car blocks the road, 4 men with machine guns.

They dropped him off in LaVega, this morning, completly nude..........
Of course minus his car, gun, money and evrything else....

Always be alert driving at night, especially in isolated streches......
Keep safe.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yikes malko

we talk frequently here about night driving and discourage it

Me? I 'm really careful and never venture far in the dark...

bad story ....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
$100M ?????????

no amateur job
I guess the machine guns were the tip off

I was in the check cashing biz in PHL.
carrying cash can be spooky............... trust me

Never do it alone and never at night......

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Thanks dv8...... couldnt search and post a link for the life of me.....:alien:

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Little sympathy from me.. fancy driving through cane fields at night with all that money ,,definitely a tip off

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Maim?n, Puerto Plata
Criminals in police uniforms stole the EDENORTE safe... :rolleyes:

donP, my thoughts as well. there has been few attacks robberies in POP/santiago area involving heavily armed men passing as police.

GioMed

Oct 6, 2011
Poor guy...driving thru sugar cane fields at night, area well known for atracos...No one really
asks for it but, this guy was asking for it.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Poor guy...driving thru sugar cane fields at night, area well known for atracos...No one really
asks for it but, this guy was asking for it.

Well there is only 1 road....that happens to go through sugar cane fields ( but at the moment the cane has been harvested ).
Only other option is continue on to Navarette, turn right, go through Navarette continue on la li?a to the turn off to Mao. Turn right, go over the mountain and arrive in Mamey.......
40km + detour....... worth it ???? Not so much I dont think.

Last edited:

xstew

Jul 4, 2012
This place is strange. No one can afford the cost of school uniforms. But every one has a police uniform to get some week end money.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
This place is strange. No one can afford the cost of school uniforms. But every one has a police uniform to get some week end money.

The uniforms are actually provided to them free in their day jobs and are handy when they moonlight..

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
This family was followed home from Las Americas Airport. The robbers also identified themselves as police officers.

this used to happen a lot, then the police (the irony of it) cracked on this crap. now again.