Membership at Playa Dorada Golf Club

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Hi ,
I did a search but I couldn't find the info I was looking for.
Is anyone a member at Playa Dorada Golf Club? I would like to know what a membership costs and what's the benifits with a membership? I saw on thier site where a caddy is mandatory, is that strictly enforced? I heard good and bad opinion about the condition of the coarse, I am easy to please when it comes to playing a coarse, I am not picky at all. I have a great foot wedge to get that better lie. Hahahh
Thanks for all the anticipated answers.

Aug 21, 2007
My understanding- and I hope someone here will correct me if things have changed- is that they are very selective about members, mostly wanting Dominicans. Those I know say it is not worth your effort.

Lindsey

Billp

Feb 2, 2013
The course was in great shape on Friday. Fairways excellent and the greens were smooth and true.

Billp

Feb 2, 2013
No, but with your cedula it was 4500RD for 2 people including cart. A caddy is 1000RD per cart.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
OP your best options if you live in the NC and are going to play PDGC is to one join Las Aromas - Santiago Golf Club. The membership there is not only cheaper (approx RD15,000 + RD5,000 per yr), but you will always receive a special rate at PDGC (green fee + 1/2 cart) RD1,300. You could also join Fedo Golf at RD5,000 and then pay (green fee + 1/2 cart) RD2,100. The Fedo membership also gives you several free rounds at various courses, however PDGC is not one of them. If you have residency then your rate would be the same as Fedo. As far as caddies go, there are two simple policies in place. The members at PDGC are not required to have one per foursome, however all other foursomes must have a caddie. The cost per caddie ($25) can vary depending on the size of the tip a foursome wishes to give. As far as what are the benefits if your were able to join PDGC, I would suggest you contact their office, or at least speak with one of the present members.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if you are not fussy you should play in costambar :) no rules. and you can aim at moving targets (chickens).

gibbs

May 31, 2005
if you are not fussy you should play in costambar :) no rules. and you can aim at moving targets (chickens).
Jajajajaja. I love to read advertisments that include the good ol 9 hole in Costambar. Chickens, horses and taxi stand

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hello? it's true to facts. says campo de golf and you get golf in the campo. :laugh: