Bamboo factories

champ

Dec 2, 2006
Can I get some information on the names and locations of quality BAMBOO furniture factories located in the D.R.

May 29, 2006
Quality Bamboo furniture? Does such a thing exist? I'd like to see some photos of anything that looks like it came from anywhere else than the set of Gilligan's Island. Maybe they do laminates somewhere? Some nice rattan stuff if you look.

Reactions: JD Jones

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I've been getting Bamboo from Jose Lora, in Santiago. He has a place by the Airport called Carolina Bambu. He sells some things in Sosua. I wouldn't call is great quality, but pretty good.

Gimme me a year or so, and I can make you some quality stuff. I've got some of the tools, a supplier for the bamboo, and have made a table, towel racks, and an umbrella stand. Got my first project making a bed for the neighbor, we'll see how that goes.

You won't find quality furniture here, because as far as I know, no one really has the tools, drying capability, or a press. We'll see if I can get something going!

Anywho, Jose's number is 809-772-9745.

If you need lots of bamboo, and can find an artisan, Guadua Bamboo does wholesale.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
im wondering as bamboo is growing in popularity and u have land and it grows fast...???
i have used it on top of my small trukette as a rack... new rack costs around 400$us bamboo 20$ (of course i go to the location ) much cheaper... i have bought nite tables (beautiful) w/glass tops of course my ex grabbed these first...as dominicans actually use these things...ha ha ha

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
The big stuff you use for construction and for splitting into slats takes about 2- 3 years, as far as I know. If I can make and sell some bamboo wares, I will look into getting some land and growing it myself.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I'm still waiting for names and locations of bamboo factories,,,thanks

are you familiar with google?

Bamb? Dominicano, S.A.
Autopista Las Am?ricas Km.9 1/2
Santo Domingo, Santo Domingo, Republica Dominicana
Tel: (809) 328-5391 / (809) 389-3183 Fax:
Email: bambudominicano@negociosdominicanos.com

COOPBAMBU
Calle Duarte # 15 San isidro Juma
Bonao, Dominican Republic
(829) 421-8125
http://www.coopbambu.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/COOPBAMBU/139802636117739

Bamb? Caribe?o
Marginal 17, Los Frailes, Santo Domingo
(809) 599-8795
santos.villar@hotmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/SantosBambu

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
OK!
DRIVE SOUTH OUT OF SANTIAGO ON DUARTE HIGHWAY.
AS YOU GET A LITTLE WAY OUT OF TOWN, YOU WILL BEGIN TO SEE lots OF BAMBU/RATAN FACTORY/STORES ON THE right hand side of the road.
I stopped at MOST of them!!!!!!
Quality and prices were all over the board.
I bought my patio set a "Mundo De Bambu".OR "Mundo de Rattan" I can't remember which is thename.
It's smaller than most of the other stores.
GREAT PRICE & quality!
I bought a set of 3 chairs, a love seat, and a coffee table, cost me 12,000 pesos about 3 years ago.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Jul 28, 2014
Plant bamboo in your yard, it grows like a weed, catch a few videos online how to best notch and lash it, voila, furniture on the cheap...

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Plant bamboo in your yard, it grows like a weed, catch a few videos online how to best notch and lash it, voila, furniture on the cheap...

Even with buying the bamboo, and with a few tools, I've started making furniture dirt cheap. Looks cool too. There are videos on that site I put up top in another comment.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
and always get clumping bambu....if you watch and read about it u will see how many uses there are for it... of course not in the dom rep. where $ is free and education is in the toilet...
two years ago i told a Vietnamese woman i had to cut some and she asked to come w/me and harvest it...of course ...she made flag holders...wind chimes and other things from it...
there is also some kind of sexual aide for men made out of bamboo...i.e. a splint....

Reactions: thompstr

katiejohnson

Aug 6, 2021
United Kingdom
I've been getting Bamboo from Jose Lora, in Santiago. He has a place by the Airport called Carolina Bambu. He sells some things in Sosua. I wouldn't call is great quality, but pretty good.

Gimme me a year or so, and I can make you some quality stuff. I've got some of the tools, a supplier for the bamboo extract, and have made a table, towel racks, and an umbrella stand. Got my first project making a bed for the neighbor, we'll see how that goes.

You won't find quality furniture here, because as far as I know, no one really has the tools, drying capability, or a press. We'll see if I can get something going!

Anywho, Jose's number is 809-772-9745.

If you need lots of bamboo furniture or bamboo extract, and can find an artisan, Guadua Bamboo Extract does wholesale.
Thank you for this information...