nearest cabana to santiago airport

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
hi, I m arriving at 1 am and don t want to pay the taxi rate to Santiago at that time of the morning, would prefer to use a publico next morning...question is , anyone know of a cabana in walking distance or close taxi distance to the airport? I remember leaving there a short while ago and seeing a cabana called Venus,, thanks for any help - i m on a bit of a budget....,

Apr 7, 2014
nope. man you d have to walk about a mile just to get off the airport and then you plan on showing up at some cabana at 2am to get a room for a couple of hours and then yada yada yada Santiago hotel and this is a money saving plan for you? Listen....I ll give you a number for EMI Taxi they have 24 hour dispatch and when I go the fare back into Santiago is usually 600pesos.
Bro there is no better way to get clobbered by a truck with non-functional headlights than walking down the side of the highway after leaving the airport trying to get to a cabana to sleep for a few hours. Just the luggage and the length and the time is loco to try doing that.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
sleep on the floor of the airport.... im not going to tell u that ive done it but in an emergency lots of peeps do it...no one will rob u as there is workers/security /porters all around ...

gibbs

May 31, 2005
I have slept on the floor. Luggage all around me. I tied a string through my luggage and attached it to several body parts. Also have slept on the floor at Miami, Atlanta, dallas and Havana

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
bingo u have hit a winner but in d.r i dont think you will be robbed at the airport...:cool::cool::cool:

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
ZOUSE is close I have done the same as darfish it worked out just fine and was about $40 for the whole thing taxi and a room. Got some lambe
Salad and a good nights sleep.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
When I go to Santiago at that time, a taxi to Matum is my way of starting out the night!!!!

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Yes zeus, I was thinking that the op was not going stay in santiago for this reason he would need to stay the night then catch a bus in the morning
If his final destanathion was santiago then he would just get a taxi to town.

Apr 7, 2014
Why do people want to come to the DR with no money?????????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Im saying though...right? You can still be cheap and safe at the same time.
Where is your hotel and why cant you just go there? I have taken that 10pm Jetblue flight also and traffic is so cool that you can make it to the city in 10 minutes.

Yodel Gruelsohn, Organ Meatmaster

Apr 7, 2014
Yes zeus, I was thinking that the op was not going stay in santiago for this reason he would need to stay the night then catch a bus in the morning
If his final destanathion was santiago then he would just get a taxi to town.

Maybe....but he said "carro publico" and budget. So
...whomever he wants to see lives in the ghettos of Santiago...and will be surprised by his arrival.

Yodel Gruelsohn, Organ Meatmaster

Apr 7, 2014
and this space is as good as any. I got a question for StephenChen. How do you cancel a roundtrip nonrefundable ticket? If the ticket is nonrefundable and you already executed the 1st leg then how can someone cancel the return? I dont think that can be done. You can not show up when the plane departs but if the ticket is cancelled...I dont know, man. Fishy...

Apr 7, 2014
Well mayhaps his male wife made the reservations and just said that his was not refundable. If the rest of his rant was true that is the conclusion I made. If s/he was planning on this move it would be logical that s/he'd have thought of that.

ok, what a hamfisted way to break up with someone. real cowardly if you ask me. abandon them in another country with no money to return, is some dogdoo BS. He knew how to pick 'em if that is the case.

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
..where the heck did this thread go wrong? it started out decent then went awol... I visit every few months or so . I save the moolah I d spend on a fancy hotel and flight to help support some folks in the campo with food and stuff where I stay . That s all

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
you think so ??? if some loudmouths would let people answer the question without smart ass comments maybe we d accomplish something If people don t have something constructive to say butt out...

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
you think so ??? if some loudmouths would let people answer the question without smart ass comments maybe we d accomplish something If people don t have something constructive to say butt out...
you rite
tell the ccccccccccccccccccccccc something you rite