too good to be true? LONCIN - ATV's

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
I stopped by and saw the new LONCIN ATV for sale in LT. It is Chinese built and the model # was LX250.
I could not believe the price - $3,900 (2013 model year)
Ok it was not a quad per-se since it's 2wd not 4wd, but the price is incredible and it looked rugged.
I thought it looked perfect for running around town,
Typical DR - ATV warranty - 4 months or 4 seconds whichever comes sooner.
Has anyone had personal experience with LONCIN ATV'S?

Feb 7, 2007
Very frequently they work with you for one unit... you just have to tell them you need to test the product first.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
4,000 $ for chinese 2wd is cheap for you ? lol
I stopped by and saw the new LONCIN ATV for sale in LT. It is Chinese built and the model # was LX250.
I could not believe the price - $3,900 (2013 model year)
Ok it was not a quad per-se since it's 2wd not 4wd, but the price is incredible and it looked rugged.
I thought it looked perfect for running around town,
Typical DR - ATV warranty - 4 months or 4 seconds whichever comes sooner.
Has anyone had personal experience with LONCIN ATV'S?

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
4,000 $ for chinese 2wd is cheap for you ? lol
Yes , $3,900 is very inexpensive compared to the other brands I saw and got quoted for:

KYMCO
SUZUKI
YAMAHA
etc

I have not checked "Artic Cat" I see them everywhere in Las Terrenas so I would think they must be dependable since most of the ATV rentals use this brand/model.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
At a garage in a nearby village, where I take ( rarely...) my bike to change brakes, tyres....etc.... there is a US quad thingy...... burried under a mountain of other scrap......
Afyer inquiry, the old owner told me a young spoiled golden boy crashed it....... needs 500$ worth of import pieces to repair....
For another 500$, he'll repair it and I can have it....... seemed expensive to me ( and I have no use for a quad....... a donkey can do the same job for a fraction of the price......:p ).
That was 2 months ago.....
I busted my backwheel of my bike.....again. so when I go down, I might inquire again...... and check the make and model.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
used Loncin costs around 700 usd.....you can find some in good condition
Yes , $3,900 is very inexpensive compared to the other brands I saw and got quoted for:

KYMCO
SUZUKI
YAMAHA
etc

I have not checked "Artic Cat" I see them everywhere in Las Terrenas so I would think they must be dependable since most of the ATV rentals use this brand/model.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
At a garage in a nearby village, where I take ( rarely...) my bike to change brakes, tyres....etc.... there is a US quad thingy...... burried under a mountain of other scrap......
Afyer inquiry, the old owner told me a young spoiled golden boy crashed it....... needs 500$ worth of import pieces to repair....
For another 500$, he'll repair it and I can have it....... seemed expensive to me ( and I have no use for a quad....... a donkey can do the same job for a fraction of the price......:p ).
That was 2 months ago.....
I busted my backwheel of my bike.....again. so when I go down, I might inquire again...... and check the make and model.

Where is it? A quad for $1000 is a pretty good deal, especially if it's automatic shifter.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Second time of asking, where in Las Terrenas are these Loncin ATV s, or is it a secret?

Aug 6, 2006
Loncin is the most common brand of motorcycle in Barahona, where public transportation is mostly by moto, because they are cheap. They are pretty and are worth the price, but the steel they are made of is not the best and things like sprockets and chains tend to wear out more quickly than other brands, or so the motoconchos tell me.

I have seen a few Loncin quads, but quads are far less common.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
yep, as for the Loncin bikes, their battery is also bad and it totally sucks...thats what people say
Loncin is the most common brand of motorcycle in Barahona, where public transportation is mostly by moto because they are cheap. They are pretty and are worth the price, but the steel they are made of is not the best and things like sprockets and chains tend to wear out more quickly than other brands, or so the moroconchos tell me.

Aug 6, 2006
I suppose you can put any brand of battery in one after the original no longer works.

The spare parts places do a huge business in Barahona. You have to take a number and wait. They have six or seven guys running back and forth. I went there to buy a bicycle tire for a kid's bike.
You get the feeling that the inventory must be really disorganized. They seem to have a hard time finding anything. I was told that if one guy says they don't have it, you need to ask someone else before you give up and go elsewhere. No one seemed to have valve stem wrenches, or levers to change tires. These are sold all over the US in cheap Made in China bubble wrap packages.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
what would you expect ? it's DR ! but was the music playing and people smiling ? you cant have everything ;-)
You get the feeling that the inventory must be really disorganized. They seem to have a hard time finding anything. I was told that if one guy says they don't have it, you need to ask someone else before you give up and go elsewhere. No one seemed to have valve stem wrenches, or levers to change tires. These are sold all over the US in cheap Made in China bubble wrap packages.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
do you really consider me that stupid ? I'm talking about QUADS. there is even advert in LT "infosdiario"

Unfortunately, there are those on here that are that stupid, and that was not my intent to insult you. $700 is a way low price-point for a quad, even used. That price makes sense for a bike, and possibly for a smaller quad intended for kids. But if it's 250cc or higher, I'd run fast and far away. I saw one once where they guy came down from $45000 to $25000RD. The tires were bald and mostly flat, the battery was dead, and it had been sitting in his garage for months on end. Because the battery was dead, we couldn't even start it to hear how it ran. Though hopefully he dumped the gas before storing it, who knows. ottom line, $700 US is too little money to spend on something that should be safe to ride, either on trails or the street.