Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Change Colegio before school year ends?

We live in Higuey which sucks big time.

We found our new place in Santo Domingo and signed a rental contract starting right away to avoid to lose the place to somebody else.

We were thinking to move in June but we are so fed up with Higuey that we would like to move this month.

We have a 6 yr old in school here. How can we proceed to move before his school term ends (exams)? There is a way to do that I was told, can anybody enlighten me how to proceed?

Thanks
    Michael

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caribmike View Post
    We live in Higuey which sucks big time.

We found our new place in Santo Domingo and signed a rental contract starting right away to avoid to lose the place to somebody else.

We were thinking to move in June but we are so fed up with Higuey that we would like to move this month.

We have a 6 yr old in school here. How can we proceed to move before his school term ends (exams)? There is a way to do that I was told, can anybody enlighten me how to proceed?

Thanks
    Michael
    You need to get a certification letter from his old school PLUS REPORT CARD. ask THE NEW SCHOOL WHT THEY REQUIRE THEN ASK THE OLD SCHOOL FOR WHATEVER IS REQUIRED. happens ALL THE TIME.

3. Likes caribmike liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Bob. I was hoping you do see this thread.

I heard we would need to ask his (old) school were he still goes to if they approve to / could take exams earlier. Would this be the requirement to get that certification?

Is this what you refer too?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG.. exams? for 6 year olds? I shudder.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob saunders View Post
    You need to get a certification letter from his old school PLUS REPORT CARD. ask THE NEW SCHOOL WHT THEY REQUIRE THEN ASK THE OLD SCHOOL FOR WHATEVER IS REQUIRED. happens ALL THE TIME.
    Double Like. Now I got it! Thank you!