Change Colegio before school year ends?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
We live in Higuey which sucks big time.

We found our new place in Santo Domingo and signed a rental contract starting right away to avoid to lose the place to somebody else.

We were thinking to move in June but we are so fed up with Higuey that we would like to move this month.

We have a 6 yr old in school here. How can we proceed to move before his school term ends (exams)? There is a way to do that I was told, can anybody enlighten me how to proceed?

Thanks
Michael

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
We live in Higuey which sucks big time.

We found our new place in Santo Domingo and signed a rental contract starting right away to avoid to lose the place to somebody else.

We were thinking to move in June but we are so fed up with Higuey that we would like to move this month.

We have a 6 yr old in school here. How can we proceed to move before his school term ends (exams)? There is a way to do that I was told, can anybody enlighten me how to proceed?

Thanks
Michael

You need to get a certification letter from his old school PLUS REPORT CARD. ask THE NEW SCHOOL WHT THEY REQUIRE THEN ASK THE OLD SCHOOL FOR WHATEVER IS REQUIRED. happens ALL THE TIME.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Thanks, Bob. I was hoping you do see this thread. :)

I heard we would need to ask his (old) school were he still goes to if they approve to / could take exams earlier. Would this be the requirement to get that certification?

Is this what you refer too?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
You need to get a certification letter from his old school PLUS REPORT CARD. ask THE NEW SCHOOL WHT THEY REQUIRE THEN ASK THE OLD SCHOOL FOR WHATEVER IS REQUIRED. happens ALL THE TIME.

Double Like. ;) Now I got it! Thank you!