Top 5 places to stay in Las Terrenas?

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
This is for a friend of mine who is coming down with his family: What are some of the better places to stay in Las Terrenas for a week?

Give me a short list...like the top 5 places.

Thanks, Frank

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I can give you my top two places for a family visit: the Colibri and the Alisei.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
RonS beat me to it,Alisei & El Colibri are the two best for family stays.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
El Portillo Hotel

This is for a friend of mine who is coming down with his family: What are some of the better places to stay in Las Terrenas for a week?

A family with kids may also like El Portillo (AI).
A car is necessary, though.

donP

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I like Las Palmas Las Palmas al Mar Residence | Come to Las Terrenas! which is on Punta Poppy and a very easy walk to town.. It depends perhaps on the age of the kids.. if they are old enough to be out and about by themselves, that would be my choice. Colibri and Aleisi are both lovely and were built by the same Italian and have restaurants which Las Palmas does not.. But the Villas at Las Palmas are bigger .. not apartments.. and the beach is more fun.. more locals, more restaurants, better swimming, some snorkeling ...

Colibri and Aleisei are both a bit outside the Village.. well not a long walk but maybe so on a dark evening.... transport by several conchos for a large family...

Las Palmas has a lovely pool...

There is a newer hotel called Hotel Coco Hotel COCO PLAZA

A – 2 Bedroom Apartment | Hotel Alisei

which is on the Colibri side but does have gorgeous rooms and AIR Conditioners.. which I do not think the others have...wait.. no Colibri does Hotel Playa Colibri Las Terrenas alisei does.. I take it all back.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Aleisi is the best in town.........much much better than Colibri.

I like Albachiera especially one of the bigger units.......breakfast only no restaurant though.

To add to that Atlantis but that's on Playa Bonita..........5 star food and service and they are renovating progressively......but no pool yet.....just on a yet another superb beach

Of course for the very well heeled looking for world excellence........ Peninsula House.....but only 6 rooms.......Coson's secret in the hills overlooking the beach.....one of the best small hotels in the world every year in Conde Nast?..........but you won't find it on any portal to book.

Finally Casa Coson..........I think I have the name right.....on Coson Beach

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
We always stay at El Colibri. Kids love the big pool and the uncrowded beach. The Aleisi is also very good.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Las Palmas al Mar is my vote !...

Used to live there, the best of everything although I think Nicole no longer works there, she held the place together and ran it extremely well.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I can give you my top two places for a family visit: the Colibri and the Alisei.

I agree. If they like the beach than these two are a very good choice. Playa Las Ballenas is nicer than the other side of town and Playa Popi.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
I support Colibri. And if Colibri, ask for a unit on the left side (with your back to the ocean) of the pool, the East side. On the other side there's a back alley that can get pretty noisy in the mornings as people go to work. wbr