Bahia de las Aguilas - Accomodation?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
One of the first things I am planning to do after our move to SDQ is a trip to Bahia de las Aguilas.

I'm planning to go for 3 to 4 days.

Where one would stay overnight? Pedernales? Or what would be the closest Hotel, lodge etc.?

Thanks!

Aug 6, 2006
There are a couple of decent hotels in Los Patos. Perhaps Pedernales is closer. There are no ATM machines between Barahona and Pedernales.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
I stayed in Paraiso which is a few kms from Los Patos and booked my hotel through a hotel portal. It is a drive of about one and a half hours to Bahia de Las Aquillas from there and the road is in good condition with little traffic. There are several hotels to chose from in the portals between Barahona and Los Patos and that road is very scenic.

There were no hotels listed on the normal hotel portals in Perdernales which is 12km from the turn to Cabo Roja off route 44 which you take to access the beach. This road is a wide good condition dirt road and trafficked by trucks carrying bauxite to the dock there. You take a left turn off that road to Punta Aquilla where there is a restaurant, boats to the bay and the gated entrance to a good condition dirt road to the bay. Entry is 100rd paid at a booth before the 'caves'.

Superb beach....but I am told it can get busy at weekends with bus loads visiting.

Take some sun shade/parasol if you have it.

If you check under South West Coast there is a recent thread whereby I sought advice on hotels and got some good responses.