In need of pool pump repair.

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
My pool pump is really getting loud. This happened with our house water pump some time ago and the plumber took it somewhere and had it repaired. Purrs like a kitten now. The plumber has moved
on and I have no idea where he took it. It has to be in POP. Any one know of such a place.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
any pool company can help you.

if a new one is called for, Ecosrev has low energy ones for $2-300 depending on the pool volume

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I've got a shop just down the street from me that will fix ANYTHING wrong with a pump.. from electrical windings, seals, impeller..

Dirt cheap too, but sometimes it takes them two tries to get it right.

Some of us might want to know exactly where that is and the name of the person.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
He is the pump guy across the street from the Isla station between Haina and Nigua. I think it's called km. 18.

Good to know - is this the Isla station with the Provocon VI in it?

We use a guy in Santo Domingo who is excellent, and cheap. Went there last week with our water pump, fixed it while we waited, 500 pesos. Very hard to find/give directions. He's not far from Centro de los Heroes, coming up from Independencia you make a right turn [street before Jose Contreras], then a right at the next corner, and he's midway down the block on the left side. If anyone wants more info, PM me and I'll try to get his phone #. I'm not sure if that's Ensanche La Paz or MataHambre.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
My pool pump is really getting loud. This happened with our house water pump some time ago and the plumber took it somewhere and had it repaired. Purrs like a kitten now. The plumber has moved
on and I have no idea where he took it. It has to be in POP. Any one know of such a place.

sounds like a bearing....santiago....

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
sometimes palm seeds get sucked in and clog the impeller- any plumber could probably look for this problem to start with