Pictures of my trip to Barahona & Pedernales

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
Return home

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
Return home

Works fine for me.

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
yes, it was windy over the weekend, surfer's paradise especially on Good Friday, wind calmed down on Sunday

Aug 6, 2006
I really like the photos, thanks for posting them.

There is always a breeze in Barahona. A neighbor in Palmerito has one or two kites up all day.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
I believe you include pictures of the river with pools running into the sea at San Rafael.
If they are indeed there, you were very lucky to get such shots without the usual hordes of visitors.

I did see that this beach was closed over Semana Santa so perhaps that is the explanation.

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
I believe you include pictures of the river with pools running into the sea at San Rafael.
If they are indeed there, you were very lucky to get such shots without the usual hordes of visitors.

I did see that this beach was closed over Semana Santa so perhaps that is the explanation.

That was not San Rafael, that's Bahoruco, its river also runs into the sea and it's more quiet than San Rafael, much less visitors as the river doesn't have the landscape of San Rafael and doesn't have the capability to make natural "man-made" pools, even though if you hike up the river towards the mountains you will find gorgeous natural pools of fresh clear water.