Hotel Boutique Casa Conde "Loved it!"

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
We are frequent travelers to Santo Domingo and when we could not secure a fair price for our usual hotel we decided to take a chance on this new property and we are very glad we did. A few emails back and forth with Erika and I knew we would be staying in the Junior Suite # 3. It was a lovely room with high ceilings sitting area, Sofa and a chair and a lovely balcony overlooking Conde. We had snacks and drinks out there in the evening! The bathroom was nice also although I would have liked a bigger sink and the if there was one complaint at all the water pressure on the cold side was insufficient in the shower. Overall the Hotel was new, clean and the service was excellent and friendly. The location as well is fantastic. Centrally located on Conde with all shopping restaurants, etc. I am told they will have a restaurant, lounge downstairs soon and I am looking forward to that. Thanks to Erika and her staff for a great stay. We have found our new "Casa" - Casa Conde

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
Good review. You should copy and paste to Tripadvisor with any photos. It may help travelers choosing a hotel to stay close the Conde.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
We are frequent travelers to Santo Domingo and when we could not secure a fair price for our usual hotel we decided to take a chance on this new property and we are very glad we did. A few emails back and forth with Erika and I knew we would be staying in the Junior Suite # 3. It was a lovely room with high ceilings sitting area, Sofa and a chair and a lovely balcony overlooking Conde. We had snacks and drinks out there in the evening! The bathroom was nice also although I would have liked a bigger sink and the if there was one complaint at all the water pressure on the cold side was insufficient in the shower. Overall the Hotel was new, clean and the service was excellent and friendly. The location as well is fantastic. Centrally located on Conde with all shopping restaurants, etc. I am told they will have a restaurant, lounge downstairs soon and I am looking forward to that. Thanks to Erika and her staff for a great stay. We have found our new "Casa" - Casa Conde

What are the prices?

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
According to the map its is at the beginning of El Conde across from Parque Mirador. For some older folks to get to the Colon Plaza this would be quite a walk and a sketchy walk after dark. Am I right about the location?

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
According to the map its is at the beginning of El Conde across from Parque Mirador. For some older folks to get to the Colon Plaza this would be quite a walk and a sketchy walk after dark. Am I right about the location?

Not Parque mirador. Parque independencia. Nothing sketchy about it.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

Like the old world feel of Hotel El Conde de Penalba which is at the end of El Conde in Columbus Square across from the Catherdral. The rooms are big and the hotel has a beautiful outdoor cafe, great for breakfast, lunch or dinner and of course Bebidas y tapas. Good food and great service in the cafe and hotel.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Like the old world feel of Hotel El Conde de Penalba which is at the end of El Conde in Columbus Square across from the Catherdral. The rooms are big and the hotel has a beautiful outdoor cafe, great for breakfast, lunch or dinner and of course Bebidas y tapas. Good food and great service in the cafe and hotel.

Id like to stay there one day. But its so far from Parque independencia where I need transportation. That side of El Conde is more convenient for us. I do also agree that the outdoor cafe is nice.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Id like to stay there one day. But its so far from Parque independencia where I need transportation. That side of El Conde is more convenient for us. I do also agree that the outdoor cafe is nice.

Yes, it is a long walk down El Conde to the gate.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Sadly I have this to report what followed my stay at this hotel. My credit card was mysteriously charged $126.00 nearly a month after I checked out. I received this reponse fron the hotel.

Dear Mr. Mcinbrass,

Please receive from the Management and staff of the Casa conde Hotel Boutique warmest regards.

We acknowledge receipt of your email pertaining the claim from your Bank in reference to a billing dispute for the amount of $ US 126.64 ( one hundred and twenty six with sixty four cents) and the transaccion fee of $ 3.79 (three dollars with seventy nine cents)

Firts of all we do apologize for the inconveniences caused.

We had made the respective administrative investigations that applies to this matter in order to reach to the source of the problem and we realized that after further investigations your credit card information was misplaced by mistake from our night auditor and a double charge was made errounesly. Is the first time that something like this had happened at the Hotel.

Rest assure Mr. Mcinbrass that the said amount will be debited to your account with no doubt. Please indicate to us which of your accounts you will want us to debit the above mentioned funds.

Please receive from us once again our sincere apologies for the above mentioned incident.

Kind regards,

Jorge G dickerson

Operations Manager
Hotel Boutique Casa Conde
C/El Conde No. 511, DN
Santo Domingo, RD
R.N.C 1-131-13551-1