Restaurants in Costambar

gibbs

May 31, 2005
Its been awhile since we have visited Costambar and we wanted to know which restaurants are still serving
Ie: Sol o mio. Don Quijotes, etc

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
a lot of new ones , your not going to find any Michelin rated restos. but la rocka has a good reputation.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there is a whole bunch of them, a lot more than you'd think. i only eat in few of them.
main street: pedro's. great food on a budget. raul provides lovely service. everything made fresh, on order. expect to pay about 300 pesos per plate.
beach: catamaran. yeah, it looks like a dump. but the owner is super nice and the food is really good and very cheap. from 150 pesos for plato del dia. try seafood soup.
interior: sole mio. this place has been open for what, 25 years? it tells you something. consistently good pizza. i never eat anything else so cannot say. expect to pay about 450 pesos for large pizza.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Minerva's

Minerva's, on main road in from the gate, has excellent Italian food as well as traditional dishes.
The cook learned her trade in Italy, so the tastes are authentic.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The food in "Black Beard's" restaurant is VERY GOOD, and not expensive either.
The "Deserts" are also VERY GOOD, but ARE EXPENSIVE!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
I was waiting on word from the Costambar kid, cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

gibbs

May 31, 2005
Gracias CC. To my friend who is going to be there with his wife...stay away from Blackbeards. The menu would be hazardous
to your health

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
don't knock it off until you try it ;) the place is not vulgar/sleazy. i only tried few snacks and they were tasty. yeah, i know how it sounds :laugh:

gyros place is super good, as conchman said. costs 235 pesos. it's on padre bilini.

outside costambar, almost arriving to cofresi there is el papillon. delicious food but about 20 dollars per plate. worth every penny thou.

Maxie143

Jun 3, 2010
Here is my two cents: Minerva, Sole Mio, Sharkys, El Carey and breakfast down the beach (stars of the sea???)

dot

Jun 19, 2005
www.beyondthebeach.ca
Had the fish at El Carey on Saturday night... our last supper after 12 weeks renting a condo in Costambar... love their chicken fingers - usually shared with hubby as the plate is so big.... they also have excellent empanadas.

Also ate at Pedro's; Catamaren; Happy Hippo; Estralla del Mar; Sole Mio - had the lasagna; Loase (Sam's Bar) - excellent fish n chips; Sharkey's and Ton's.

There are many others that we did not try.... people told us that the breakfast at Blackbeards was very good. Actually it was several older ladies (NOT of the night LOL) who told us.

Breakfast at Anchor was very good - LOVE their fresh made bagels - especially the cinnamon raisin.

Last edited:

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Left out of the list, I believe, are two other restaurants:
Loase, which bought the bar area from the old PP place originally known as "Uncle Dick's". later known as Sam's. (Anybody remember "Uncle Dick's"?)
La Roca, good food (and Karioke)

OkieJoe

Feb 15, 2013
+1 for Sole Mio. I was there in February, and the gnocchi was on point. I might actually stay at Atlantic One in July, so I don't have to stumble too far 😜

Irie

Aug 15, 2014
Hands down imo is Minerva. It's a dominican husband and wife team with her being in the kitchen. She has apparently been an apprentice to an Italian chef and it shows in what she produces. They are both warm and hospitable and one always feels welcome.

From the few restaurants I've tried there, they get the thumbs up and compel a return visit from me each and every time.

bluemoonnyc

Oct 4, 2007
Hands down imo is Minerva. It's a dominican husband and wife team with her being in the kitchen. She has apparently been an apprentice to an Italian chef and it shows in what she produces. They are both warm and hospitable and one always feels welcome.

From the few restaurants I've tried there, they get the thumbs up and compel a return visit from me each and every time.

where is Minerva located Irie?