Cafe Cubano owner Brian

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I've just learned that Brian had a second stroke, that he can't speak and is paralyzed. So sad.

Does anyone know who is and how to contact his family or any relatives?

If so, let the people at the restaurant know.

Thanks.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Several people have PM'd me with questions that some of you may want the answers to also.

1) Is he at CMC? I don't know.
2) From googling I learned the following: His name is Brian Ramsey

Cafe Cubano is located at Calle Pedro Clisante #17, Sosua, phone number 829-921-1763

Sorry I have no additional information.

sixsticks

Feb 28, 2011
Brian is originally from canada. I have contacted mutual friends here in Canada that may have better contacts with his family. We saw Brian at his Cafe a week ago & March last year year, before that it had been many years since seeing him after he left Canada.

markryan

Jul 16, 2014
I have sat with him and talked a couple of times. Seemed like a really great guy and a wealth of DR knowledge. I wish him a speedy recovery. Thoughts and prayers are with him.

sixsticks

Feb 28, 2011
I have just been told his brother in PEI has been contacted, & Brian is at CMC.
Thank you Drro for posting this
Carol

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Talked to him last month about RD issues and his origins in PEI. He was a good source of information about Sosua. He did say he was worried about having another stroke. I wish him well.

SatinPeach

Feb 18, 2008
He was following all the "rules" after the first major stroke. I wonder what happened?? So sorry to hear this and wish him a GOOD recovery.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
A popular figure in town and many people stop by for coffee and chat at his Cafe Cubano, hope he gets better....

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
This is tough news. I always thought of him as the unofficial mayor of Pedro Clisante.

I will stop by the restaurant to inquire if he's up for receiving visitors.

WayneRamsay

Apr 9, 2015
Yes Brian is in the CMC intensive care will be moved to a Ward soon. The Canadian Consulate has contacted me and also his doctor at CMC. WAYNE RAMSAY (brother). Once in the ward he can have visitors it would be nice if a friend could visit him.