Travelling from Liberia - Ebola Restrictions?

prospero

Oct 6, 2009
Hello guys! I would like to go back to DR in May. I would be travelling from Monrovia, Liberia. I was wondering if any of you know if restrictions to travel to the Dominican Republic from Ebola-affected countries are still in place. I have called the Moroccan embassy and they couldn't help me. I have also tried to call the Embassy in Egypt and their phone system seems to be down/inexistent. Any advice would be very appreciated!

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
As there are no direct flights to the DR from Africa, I assume you will be entering from Europe or The States. I entered the DR several times during THE EBOLA CRISIS coming from EG or Nigeria, but seeing as I was entering the DR on a plane from the States, no one ever even cared. I peaked US Immigration's interest a little when I said I was coming from West Africa, and the guy on my flight from Frankfurt when he said "You're wearing shorts, must be coming from someplace warm", and I said "Yea, Africa". He moved away and stopped talking to me.

Anywho, just don't announce to the immigration officer that "I'm coming from Liberia, but it's cool cause I am sure I don't have Ebola", and you'll be fine.

prospero

Oct 6, 2009
Anywho, just don't announce to the immigration officer that "I'm coming from Liberia, but it's cool cause I am sure I don't have Ebola", and you'll be fine.

Yeah, my fear is more that they would take a look at my passport and see all the beautiful Liberian and Sierra Leonian stamps...

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
Mine is full of shiny whole page work visas from Nigeria and Angola and stamps from Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, and the DR Congo. And, I have yet to find anyone, myself included, who knows which Guinea is which.

They won't care. Ebola is old news anyways

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
An entry ban was issued in October, no idea if it is still being enforced.
The Dominican Republic joined other countries in banning entry to foreigners who have visited Ebola-affected countries in the last 30 days, the country's Ministry of Public Health announced on Tuesday.

The Caribbean country joined several other states in the Americas, including Colombia, Jamaica, and St. Lucia, to issue travel bans.

In the United States, the Obama administration is also under pressure from some Congress members to ban travel from epidemic-stricken Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea in West Africa, where nearly 4,500 people have died of the disease.

The Dominican health ministry said the ban applied to any foreigner who had visited countries where the World Health Organization (WHO) had declared an Ebola alert.
Dominican Republic joins entry ban for Ebola-affected countries | Reuters

LadyMateo

Apr 8, 2015
DR does not have the medical capabilities to fight something like Ebola "IF'' someone was to come over here with it.. It will literally take the whole country down... o0o gosh nooo

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
DR does not have the medical capabilities to fight something like Ebola "IF'' someone was to come over here with it.. It will literally take the whole country down... o0o gosh nooo

Of course it does. No it wouldn't. If Nigeria can beat it, then so can the DR. Especially with North American help.

You're about a half a year too late for the fear mongering.