CANE Restaurant in SD - Excellent!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Today we ate at Cane Restaurant in Santo Domingo for the first time, and really enjoyed it. It's on Gustavo Mejia Ricart, just east of Lope de Vega. We were lucky to find a parking spot, it's congested there, but they do have valet parking.

Give it a try, I think you'll like it!

Bar y restaurante | Restaurante Cane .::.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thanks for the recommendation. What did you order?

By the way, according to the the map on their website, they are located just west of Lope de Vega.

The map is wrong. When you come up Lope de Vega heading north, it's a right turn, then it's right there on the right.

We were at a private event upstairs, a buffet, so we got to try several different things - beef, fish, chicken, each better than the last. Fish had an excellent fresh chopped salsa topping, chicken was in a white sauce and wrapped with bacon, beef was tender and in natural juices. Potatoes baked with cheese [ similar to scalloped potatoes in US] were delicious. Rice was perfectly seasoned. Salad with several dressings. The majarete was very good.

Service was excellent, staff ready for any request, often before you had a chance to ask.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Has it just opened? Very close to my office and my recollection was of a restaurant being refurbed in the location shown on the map. Good advice thanks.

Incidentally if you took the right turn into Augustin Lara from Gustavo Meija Ricart just before the restaurant, you would find Asia Mia which has some very tasty Asian dishes.....great for lunchtime.......or further down on the right Carne & Co, where you get excellent steak (for DR) for meat lovers.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Has it just opened? Very close to my office and my recollection was of a restaurant being refurbed in the location shown on the map. Good advice thanks.

Incidentally if you took the right turn into Augustin Lara from Gustavo Meija Ricart just before the restaurant, you would find Asia Mia which has some very tasty Asian dishes.....great for lunchtime.......or further down on the right Carne & Co, where you get excellent steak (for DR) for meat lovers.

This is a new location for them - I was told they used to be on Lincoln and recently moved.

Thanks for the other suggestions!