New Guy from Maine

kfoss781

Apr 14, 2015
Hey all- Just got back from DR on my 3rd trip and it sure enforced my reason for wanting to retire there.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I've seen the girls in Maine,....good choice!!!!!!!!!!

Just remember,..."Visiting" is NOTHING LIKE living here!!!!!!

Don't sell your "Log Cabin" in Maine!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

kfoss781

Apr 14, 2015
I hear ya about the visiting. And I plan on coming down and renting for a couple months at a time so the Mrs. can get an idea of living in the DR. My body is getting tired of the cold and some parts cant take it anymore.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Really what about the Lobster? Although Maine Lobster is REALLY Canadain Lobster that crept a bit south, DR Langosta ( lobster) SUCKS... I couldn't live without New England Clam Chowder and REAL LOBSTER... I'm getting hungry just thinking about it..

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Here you go:

maine lobster.jpgmanhattan.jpgnew engalnd.jpg

lobster-king-1024x941.jpg

kfoss781

Apr 14, 2015
I stayed in a resort on one trip and got out and saw the public, which i then returned to the area of the north coast and explored for a few days. We had also stayed with a family "friend" in Samana for some time and I enjoy the laid back life style and the fact that I could work around his house and go to the beach when i wanted to. I have been to most of the Caribbean islands and enjoy the people of the DR.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hey all- Just got back from DR on my 3rd trip and it sure enforced my reason for wanting to retire there.

Paradise doesn't come without a price. It is a fun place to visit but living in the DR is a whole 'nother thing. Where did you go in the DR? Give us some more info

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
Welcome! Sounds like your ready to start a new chapter! I wish you all the best, and lots of fun along the way. Please sort out the good advise from the negative ones. It's your dream. Just please rent before you buy.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Hey bronxboy, question for you. When I clicked on your jpegs there was no tinypic or other such website. Also, normally hypertext opens up a new tab. This time it didn't. Special moderator powers? At home I read on iPad. At work on computer.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
You can't come here any more for retirement in less you have a lot of money the law is changing .the dream is over

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
Welcome kfoss. I entertained notions of retiring in DR. Until I joined this forum.

My experience as a retiree have been good. The costs aligned with my plan. I enjoy the weather and the sights. Security/safety is managable.

I have not been able to find as better fit for myself; only Tampa comes close.

Kfoss, my evaluation of DR was like yours: visit, explore, evaluate.