my advice...........

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Address: Avenida Barcel?, Punta Cana 23000, Dominican Republic
Phone:+1 809-455-1515

Call this place. I think they are all over the DR. Montilla

Aug 6, 2006
Factory second tires or "blems" usually give as good service as the best rated ones. But there are tires that are made to sell for a lower price that are often pretty crappy.
Chinese tires can range from adequate to horrible.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
I've experience with buying tires :)

1. Used tires are usually not good for SUV's for a variety of reasons other than money
2. New tires are sold all over the country at prices that to me (as a European) seemed to be on par with prices here.
3. SUV tires are expensive (I know :)) but they should not be skimped on if you drive any distances.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I was wondering about this too as I need some for my explorer. Have you shipped them in before?
I just assumed because of the weight and more so, the bulkiness, it might not be cost effective.
Then again, they are being imported from outside the DR.

I have shipped in - 8 tires / 4 per car.

I buy from Tire Rack and get free shipping to my mudanza - they arrive at the door.
The mudanza seems to have tires every time I'm there so it seems to be popular.

many Chinese tires here..... low grade stuff.

I forget what the shipping $$ were - sorry but call any mudanza for a price.

I bought here once - the 1st time... the tires lasted no time... not 20,000 miles
that's why I switched

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
Discount tire/tire rack is good, or even sears for u.s. sellers. For that size tire , bf goodrich at ko are the best. The hummer h2 wears these tires.
i did pick up a cheapo rethread from threadwright.com, very good quality, long lasting for under $500 a set. In the dr, ask around for hummer tires for the best leads.