Kid friendly mountain getaway

Jesse Hales

Jul 22, 2014
My wife and I will be celebrating our anniversary in just over a month and I'm trying to plan a 3 day weekend away. We live on the north coast but will travel wherever to find a great kid friendly place to stay. We have a 1 1/2 year old and a 3 month old. They will be going with us on this 3 day trip. I am looking for the most kid friendly place I can find because the easier it is to keep the boys (mainly the 1 and half year old) entertained, the easier it will be for us to relax and enjoy ourselves. We would prefer something in the mountains verses a beach but really the biggest factor is just finding the best place for the kids. Any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
No replies yet!

It will much depend on the owners of the establishment you choose and with two young children you really won't want to have to travel so far.

I have no personal experience of this place but I've heard good things about it.

Have a look at Villas del Largo, Yaque Abajo, Yaque Arriba near Santiago Villas del Lago - Yaque Arriba - JARABACOA - Dominican Republic

Has a family room and believe it offers nanny service.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
My wife and I will be celebrating our anniversary in just over a month and I'm trying to plan a 3 day weekend away. We live on the north coast but will travel wherever to find a great kid friendly place to stay. We have a 1 1/2 year old and a 3 month old. They will be going with us on this 3 day trip. I am looking for the most kid friendly place I can find because the easier it is to keep the boys (mainly the 1 and half year old) entertained, the easier it will be for us to relax and enjoy ourselves. We would prefer something in the mountains verses a beach but really the biggest factor is just finding the best place for the kids. Any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The only place I can think of is an all inclusive with a kids "club". Most of these are on the beach. Gone on line and look at what AIs have to offer.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I have been to Rancho Baiguite and it is wonderful... but it is not particularly geared to tiny tots.. in that they do not have a kids club ..and the activities are things like white water rafting and horse back riding and as I recall, the swimming pool is deep all the way along.

That being said, the grounds are beautiful, very peaceful..next to a small river. Very quiet and serene. There are no TVs in the rooms.

They do run summer camp programs in the summer time and they are a family owned business. The food is decent .. sort of buffet camp style - designed to fill hungry teen age stomachs... but just fine..

It is one of my favorite places.

If I were you, I would call them and ask if there was a possiblity of getting a "nanny" for the few days that you were there, someone on staff who would watch the kids,close by, so that you could relax.

They run summer camp programs so they are used to "kids"

but at those ages, there is not much that they are going to be able to do on their own!
River Rafting - Canyoning - Pico Duarte Tours and the Papillon Garden with Butterfly Exhibition at Rancho Baiguate Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
With a 1.5 old and an infant, I would bring my own, trusted ni?era for peace of mind (because of the infant mostly).