Paraiso Cano Hondo.......any opinions?

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
I'm pondering another trip next week to the less visited parts of this diverse country and with Sabana de la Mar and Parc Los Haitises close at hand, Paraiso Cano Hondo as the hotel base looks interesting.

Any opinions welcome.

Must do excursions too.

(I am sure there is a past thread somewhere but can't find)

SugarMorena

Mar 24, 2013
If you visit Santiago there's an excursion to a restaurant on the other side of the Tavera Dam. They also give you ride around the Dam. Highly recommended.

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
I don't know if the ferry is still operational, but it would be a cool trip across the Samana bay from Sabana to Samana.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's been a while since we were there, but it was a very peaceful, unusual and beautiful place to stay. The excursion and guide (Rafael, who was excellent) were provided by the hotel.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
It's been a while since we were there, but it was a very peaceful, unusual and beautiful place to stay. The excursion and guide (Rafael, who was excellent) were provided by the hotel.

Which of the excursions mentioned on their website are worth doing........assuming similarity to what you did some time back?

Definitely like the idea of a kayak trip around those islands off the Parque Haitises .......sort of like the Thai west coast.

And any idea if the prices for excursions for residents are fair?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
We did a boat (not kayak) excursion to Los Haitises. It made several stops at different points and we visited some caves on foot. I really can't remember the prices, it was about 8 years ago!