Driver's license renewal question

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
I know I have to go to Banco Reserva to pay for my license renewal before heading off to Puerto Plata. I also learned from last time that my photo copy of my Cedula will not work but they have to do their own for 10 pesos.

However does anyone know what the renewal cost is at Banco Reserva?

Thanks

Bob K

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
also, they have a 'roving' office

my friend renewed in Rio San Juan,last month.... ask around, they show up for few days here/there

I hope to avoid POP in July

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
You have to have your orginal Cedula with you. They won't take a copy. I know. I tried that. I had to go back.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Thanks all I got it done this morning. The fee was 830 pesos. Then off to the office in Puerto Plata. They wanted my Cedula and did not make a copy. After the paper work off for an eye exam. This consisted of asking "do you wear you glasses when you drive" I said yes and my form was stamped. No eye chart reading no nothing.

Then back to get my picture taken and 2 min later my 4 year license. Total time from entering the building to exiting the building was just under 14 minutes. I kid you not. I actually put a stop watch on it and the time came to 13 min 54 seconds.

Can't do better than that...

Bob K

KATIEJAY

Aug 20, 2007
Thanks all I got it done this morning. The fee was 830 pesos. Then off to the office in Puerto Plata. They wanted my Cedula and did not make a copy. After the paper work off for an eye exam. This consisted of asking "do you wear you glasses when you drive" I said yes and my form was stamped. No eye chart reading no nothing.

Then back to get my picture taken and 2 min later my 4 year license. Total time from entering the building to exiting the building was just under 14 minutes. I kid you not. I actually put a stop watch on it and the time came to 13 min 54 seconds.

Can't do better than that...

Bob K
What about the initial DL ..recently acquired our Cedulas so it is time .Anyone have any recent experience,fees etc.

KATIEJAY

Aug 20, 2007

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Thanks for the info..just a question though.Is there really a "Manual " somewhere..would love to get my hands on that!! May help me figure out which side of the road to drive on..since down the center of the road ..IMHO is not the safest!! LOL

here is all you need to know:

[video=youtube;VQsMPhyQrqA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQsMPhyQrqA[/video]

if you insist on a manual required by the state it's simply transit law and it can be found here:
Documentos
first on the list.