Lost gringo - Patrick Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Strange story in my campo.

A youngish american was visting a finca ( brugal ), on the back of a pasola driven by " a tourist guide".
While driving through the finca he jumped off, stumbled through barbed wire and took to the mountains......
Kind of incredible.
The gringo ( lets call him gringo, because they say american, but everyone is american to my fellow campisinos ), was ex-military and only has half his mind left.
Apparently they made a stop from whever they were coming from ( POP it is said, but all gringos come from POP for my fellow campisinos ) at a bank to withdraw 1000$ in cash...... so maybe it was his plan.

Anyway the guide rode back to the PN where he reported this. The PN kept his pasola to the guy is found ( me too I first thought he killed him to steal the $ ).
Word gets out and the father of the escapee put out a reward of 50 000 pesos to whom will find him.....
A search party ( dominican style ) of 20 were out in the mountains looking for him. He was spotted twice but manage to evade....
Beige bermudas and baseball cap.
At nightfall the father gave out a propina of 5000 pesos for drinks and to encourage tomorrows renewed search.....

Hope they find him..... awful hilly/mountainy out there. And today was VERY hot....
We shall see.

Disclaimer :This is radio campisino report, not actual facts......

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I hope his name is not John Rambo... your campo search posse might be in trouble then...

Aug 6, 2006
So the gringo escaped, and the PN kept the pasola? Did the pasola belong to the guide or the gringo?

Is it a crime to jump off a pasola and hide in the bush? Are they looking for the guy because they believe that the gringo is a criminal or a victim?

Or just because he is crazy?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
he took out $1K from the bank, but is choosing to hide in the mountains ? Sounds like the dude went off whatever Meds he was on and some kind of paranoia kicked it... cash would be like to flee the country or what no .. not to hide in the jungle like a lost scrared dog..
.. sounds like the cheeze slid off his cracker.

edit, oh wait, just now seeing the "ex military" part... oh yeagh, he back there in his mind fighing some "enemy" for sure...
good luck catching him , they gonna need it

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
vhdz5x.gif

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Somethings happening here and I am just not exactly sure................ The last time this happened we all got taken for a ride.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
If he is an ex GI and a US guy, the worst thing that his family can do is to put out a reward to have him hunted. The guy most likely has PTSD, if he served overseas, which most of our military did. And he probably got triggered by something, had a flashback, and ran for cover.

To have armed military..>?? hunting him??? Ya really think that is gonna help?

The people in the mountains and in the campo here in general are gentle and loving... he will be fine.

The police and military coming after him???

yikes... nightmare.

(as for those who think that they are being "taken for a ride"by following a thread on DR1... you might try getting out more)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
To have armed military..>?? hunting him??? Ya really think that is gonna help?)

i think it's done partially because they think he may be nuts and partially because that's their regular procedure. no one thinks he might have made a longbow and set of arrows from caoba tree and will hunt them all down when they sip presidente at dusk.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
well it is not normal procedure for a family to announce a public reward??? really?? like .. ??

yeah.. he may well be nuts.. but hell ..

there is a very good case to be made that any gringo who is here now is nuts

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Update.

So it seems I was rignt to go with " gringo" and not american as it turns out he is canadien.
Name, Patrice, so french canadian, I assume.

Today tuesday, he was still not found. Locals were all over the mountains, searching all day.

The father upped the reward to 75 000 pesos.....

The locals are saying he probably fell in a crevasse ( one of the places is called bocca del diablo and if u fall in it u end up straight in hell.....).

BTW, this is south of the road guananico-navas. ( wild mountain country ).

Status
Not open for further replies.