Peravia car dealer

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Anybody know if there are problems at Peravia,
I have emailed three times asking for prices of Skoda Citigo but have been completely ignored by them.
I don't live in SD so cannot pop round and see them. Any help would be appreciated.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
a guy walks into a Skoda dealer and says...

how about a hub cap for a Skoda...

the dealer says..

that would be a fair trade.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Very Normal

I have emailed three times asking for prices of Skoda Citigo but have been completely ignored by them.

It's normal.
Any customer (even with cash in hand) is treated like an idiot here.

Salespersons will only reluctantly attend you, as they are busy otherwise (cellphone, computer games, polishing nails, chatting with other salespersons, listening to someone who is shouting 'MIRA' behind you, etc.).
They just cannot be bothered, they are all millionaires.

In all those years (19+) I have only once received good customer service and answers to my emails (from Stgo.). And that was for a clutch slave cylinder (value about 30 USD)... :classic:

donP

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
You and me both.

People avoid them like the plague here. There is a mechanic shop near my previous house that specializes in German cars, mainly VW and Skoda. They're easy to find; it's like a Skoda convention.

Skoda's don't like the heat here, and blow head gaskets. When they do, the head goes too. Try to find a used head here.. extremely difficult.

I'd suggest you call Peravia instead of email. I have never had luck communicating with any dealer here.

i needed a part for my Skoda, and went to Santiago to get it. i described exactly what it was, and the guy asked me if the car was outside. i told him it was, and we both went to look at the offending component. even after seeing it, the parts manager had to go to the microfiche to find out what it was! how you can keep a car running in this country with that quality of related service personnel is the question for the ages.

Aug 6, 2006
Skodas are basically VWs made in the Czech Republic, aren't they?

I used to think that the Skoda logo was some sort of bird's head. But it turns out that it is supposed to be a winged arrow.

Not just a winged arrow, but a winged arrow facing RIGHT. One would think that the Communists would have made it point left, like Chavez did on the horse on the seal on the Venezuelan flag.

Not one of the world's best logos, if you ask me.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Skodas are basically VWs made in the Czech Republic, aren't they?

I used to think that the Skoda logo was some sort of bird's head. But it turns out that it is supposed to be a winged arrow.

Not just a winged arrow, but a winged arrow facing RIGHT. One would think that the Communists would have made it point left, like Chavez did on the horse on the seal on the Venezuelan flag.

Not one of the world's best logos, if you ask me.

the older Skodas were Czech through and through. then, they changed to the VW body and mechanicals. they have certainly improved, to the point where they even have a World Rally car.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
At least the SD dealership is one of the nicest looking ones. lol

image.jpg

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have a very good friend that is a production manager for Skoda, travels between their plants in Russia, Czech, India etc. He tells me that 80% of the parts are common between Audi, VW, Seat and Skoda.

These days Skoda does very well in most of the reliability, quality and customer sat indexes, up their with VW and Audi.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Dont be foolish. Buy a normal car, ie, Toyota. That way you will not have to buy the Toyota engine later. Plus you will not drive down to the local Skoda mechanic on the corner because he does not exist. Dominicans cannot pronounce Skoda never mind repair them.