Why don't Dominican companies answer emails?

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
The only reasons i can think of that because most Dominicans don't have internet (how did they send an email?). Many Dominicans can neither read nor
write. they don't want any proof of what they said so that they can deny it it later. They are so busy gossiping that they forget that they are being paid to work.
Mind you I have found that most European companies do answer emails whereas many north American companies don't.
Peravia still hasn't answered, 4 days later whereas Skoda Czechoslovakia answered within 24 hours!

Anybody know any other reasons?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
its not just emails. They do not answer voice mail messages. I gave up and quit leaving any.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The only reasons i can think of that because most Dominicans don't have internet (how did they send an email?). Many Dominicans can neither read nor
write. they don't want any proof of what they said so that they can deny it it later. They are so busy gossiping that they forget that they are being paid to work.
Mind you I have found that most European companies do answer emails whereas many north American companies don't.
Peravia still hasn't answered, 4 days later whereas Skoda Czechoslovakia answered within 24 hours!

Perhaps your Spanish is not accurate or if you sent in English they don't speak English. I e-mail the BHD bank on occasion and sometimes they answer me right away and sometimes a day or two later but they always answer me.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I think they dont know how to set up their Spam folders , and mark junk email, so at some point the TASK just becomes overwhelming and they give up.. they just dont like Email , imo

I also agree try Facebook, they LOVE that ****, or Whatsapp, which is still the latest RAGE..
If they have a cell and they are on Whatsapp ( https://www.whatsapp.com/) .. it will show in your contacts.. almost guaranteed they will respond within short time..
Dominicans are like surgically attached to their Cell phones.. but will not check emails like we do .

by the way , VOICE mails in todays tech age, are considered too intrusive .. no ,im not making that up.. no one but old people use Voice mail any more.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
They have no clue about customer-service and/or support.
And generally they don't care....their mind is always busy with something else than what they are there for.
A lot of times you walk into a store and you can see them thinking: "................................"

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
FWIW, you can use services (some free, some paid) to see if someone has opened your email message(s).

Apr 7, 2014

And generally they don't care....their mind is always busy with something else than what they are there for.
A lot of times you walk into a store and you can see them thinking: "................................"

No. You NEVER see them thinking...at all.

They dont answer emails because they are seldom privy to the information you are requesting. They dont know what to tell you so why bother WRITING it out?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
answer emails?

m4j8m.gif

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

Among other things, I think this has to do with the customs as well. Almost every single company/business we have deal with (real-estate company, reseller, even doctor?s office) has their Whatsapp number in every advert they publish. My wife deals with local suppliers mostly, and they communicate either here or in Facebook. They almost always respond, and almost always immediately. If some company does not attend their Whatsapp or Facebook, then it?s mostly likely not to be trusted (not stating a fact here, just an experience). This is not valid for email or their website.

People like handheld devices here more than others, and instant messaging over other forms (apart from Facebook private messages).

I have Facebook been used professionally as well, and even as an actual replacement of email. I?m not talking about paid advertisement here.

This is of course just what I have seen, but IMO each place has it?s own communication methods.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010

Ya man that is so true... this blank stare into outer Dominican Space.. but soon as a "texto" comes in they are awake again..

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
No. You NEVER see them thinking...at all.

They dont answer emails because they are seldom privy to the information you are requesting. They dont know what to tell you so why bother WRITING it out?

now that is the Commander we all know and love.

i do not allow stuff like that to bother me. i know how things work here. here is how they work...

nobody gives two shytes. after i send 3 emails, and 6 months pass without an answer, i don?t expect one.

yes...i know i am slow. i am also optimistic. at least i used to be.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Maybe it's because your grammar is not in the proper format. Try this... "pork anoche estaba durmiendo y estare trankila"
Betcha a dollar to a donut, u get a response within one minute.

robbiee

Bronze
Dec 27, 2014
www.dominicanfun.net
its tthe culture thing. and why Spanish people usually dont answer SMS phone messages, just like Dominicans ?

because its the word of spoken word or they are too lazy to do that.
btw. what is "Skoda Czechoslovakia" ? :)
no such country since 25 years....