How Much Does an HIV Test Cost in The DR for Two People?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Scorpion

Bronze
Aug 13, 2012
I've met a woman here in the DR and we've been having protected sex regularly. We have both agreed to stop using the condom, but will visit the clinic first to get tested. How much does it cost and what is the procedure?

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
About 500 pesos a person in a private hospital, free in a public one if you want to step into it. The results are available in a few hours. Technically there is still a 3 month window when you can be infected with HIV but it doesn't show in tests yet.

Last edited:

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I have my blood tested regularly here ,including the HIV test , that takes a little longer and I pay no more than $20 for everything,,,sugar content and all the other things also...money well spent

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
About 500 pesos a person in a private hospital, free in a public one if you want to step into it. The results are available in a few hours. Technically there is still a 3 month window when you can be infected with HIV but it doesn't show in tests yet.

in the States.. we are taught that it is a six month window. And, of course, both partners must be certain that the relationship is absolutely monogamous after that. is that really possible here?

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
Word of advice....If you are paying her, stick with the condoms.........If not, congratulations..... you have finally graduated grasshopper.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
however, keep in mind that - if test will result positive they wont treat your privacy "that good"...as far as I remember when I did public test

Very good remark.
Last year I had some work going on on my land. A neighbour came up to advise me to fire one of the workers, cos he had tested positive for gonorreha at the local public hospital !!!! And he hadnt even got the test results yet.......
I didnt fire him of course..... he finished the week after with the other 2 workers.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i would not worry much about HIV, this is the least common sexually transmitted disease here. i recommend testing for: HPV, herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis and hepatitis.

Very good remark.
Last year I had some work going on on my land. A neighbour came up to advise me to fire one of the workers, cos he had tested positive for gonorreha at the local public hospital !!!! And he hadnt even got the test results yet.......
I didnt fire him of course..... he finished the week after with the other 2 workers.

Why would some guy want you to fire someone with gonorrhea? lmao!! Does he think his job was to f*ck you?

i think that Malko was posting in reference to the issue of test results not being kept private.....and how the local grapevine works faster than a telephone

Oh yes I know all about the grapevine, I do live in a barrio in a kinda campo and frequent Sosua, not sure which is worse for gossip and stuff but why would some guy think Malko should fire someone with the 'rrhea?!

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Oh yes I know all about the grapevine, I do live in a barrio in a kinda campo and frequent Sosua, not sure which is worse for gossip and stuff but why would some guy think Malko should fire someone with the 'rrhea?!

Because it is common belief that if u sit on a plastic chair that was preciously sat on by an infected person.......Whammm, u get it.

But my point was, if u do, sadly, have a postive HIV test, or whatever, count on every man and his dog knowing about it, maybe even before u.

Here in the campo, one cannot shake an HIV's hand, drink out of the same cup ( even washed with cloro ), wash his clothes......etc...... without becoming infected himself.
In another case, a lady from my campo travelled to the public hospital in POP to get tested ( which seemed like a good idea to me, privacy wise ), but no...... a nurse was the novia of a sobrino of fulano, and it spread all over the campo.......

Status
Not open for further replies.